PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier vs. quality midwestern beef?

hope23
09-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Not to be a steak snob, but I'm wondering how you think Le Cellier stacks up to the amazing beef you get in the midwest? We've tried steak on the coasts before which people raved about, and found it nowhere near as good as what we're used to at every restaurant around home... thoughts? What makes Le Cellier so popular?

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Not sure where you are in the Midwest, but I will say that I enjoyed my steak at Le Cellier as much or more as any I've had at Eli's in Chicago! :mickey:

My only gripe (which I actually got to make, since we were surveyed on the way out of the park) is that there is an absolute omission of anything green on your plate.

We went on the DDP, but I ordered the gotta-have cheese soup, plus the gotta-try mac-n-cheese for my girls and a need-a-beer-with-my-steak for me. Thus, with tip, still a verrrry expensive lunch and not a veggie in sight! A bit of broccoli would have gone a long way...

Also, try not to sit near the stained glass at the rear of the dining room. That's where they make the smoothies. A lot of them. And the blender is loud.

Have a great trip!

DisneyGlutton
09-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't think the quality of the steak at Le Cellier is great--its mediocre. As to why its one of the hardest ADRs to get...I'm not sure frankly. Do they have relatively few tables? Its nice and I do always try to get an ADR there, but the food (other than the cheese soup and mashed potatoes) has never blown me away. Maybe the fact that you feel "lucky" to have snagged an ADR makes you want to go; in other words, you go b/c winning a competition of sorts to get and ADR is a reason in and of itself.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2009, 07:07 PM
We're another set of people that just think Le Cellier is only OK.

I think the ADR popularity has to do with the fairly small size of the restaurant, and the fairly expensive prices, so people feel that they are getting a good value for their dining plan credit, and with a limited number of tables it fills so fast.

The food is good, but it isn't amazing. We haven't been in a number of trips and have no plans to go back.

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't think the quality of the steak at Le Cellier is great--its mediocre.

1) Yes.
2) They are lesser cuts of beef.
3) Thus,
. . . the lower price versus other WDW steakhouses
. . . lots of sauces (a sure give-away)
4) That is why
. . . people talk a lot about the mushroom gravy
. . . very few people (who are in the know) talk about steak without sauce

DigitalDaredevil
09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Over the past few years, I have noticed that the quality of the food has gone down. From the counter service to the higher end restaurants. Portions have changed and so has the quality. I guess it is a way for them to save money, but also with the big push on the DDP, that Disney can make more money since many people now eat more meals in the parks.