PDA

View Full Version : Got my packet today - have ?

KatMcPic
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I received my packet today. Yay - that means our trip is coming up but I have a question. They sent 4 luggage tags and I didn't sign up for the Magical Express as we are renting a car while we are down in Disney. Can I use these tags on our luggage anyway since I will be there to collect the bags or are they going to be taken by Magical Express people by mistake?

Ed
09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
If you use the yellow ME tags, your bags will NOT show up on the baggage carousel once you arrive at Orlando airport. DME employees behind the scenes intercept those bags and send them to the trucks that make the actual delivery to the resorts.

If you are renting a car, you will be much better off NOT using the yellow tags; retrieve your bags from the carousel on the 2nd floor, then proceed down to the first floor to the car rental counters.

KatMcPic
09-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Ok - the ones they sent me are blue so I should be safe using these. Thanks for the response.

coloradowendyl
09-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Magic Express tags are mailed separately from your travel documents. DME tags are long, yellow tags with a barcode on them. They are mailed along with a booklet in a white envelope with a Mickey flying a plane logo on it.

The tags that come with travel documents are part of the package "goodies" and are blue. They are decorative luggage tags and have nothing to do with Magic Express.

Hope this helps!
Wendy

KatMcPic
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you guys - my kids are so excited to use these.

ransam
09-05-2009, 07:14 PM
we get them all at the same time...

CleveRocks
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
we get them all at the same time...

If you receive your DME documents and your resort/package documents all at the same time, then you must use a travel agent; the TA evidently waits for it all and then sends you one package in the mail.

I assure you that DME materials are not mailed by Disney along with the resort/package materials. DME materials are mailed separately and when you look at the envelope you see that the return address says Disney's Magical Express and not Walt Disney Travel Company.