PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas ideas?

hope23
09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
We are going for our first Christmas trip :thumbsup: in early December and trying to figure out all that is available to do and see for Christmas... what are your favorites? Can be something well known or a lesser known "secret". Looking forward to your insights!!

goofygirl64
09-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Christmas time is our favorite time of year to go to WDW. Everything is so beautiful. We love the Candlelight Processional and the Very Merry Christmas Party. We don't have children but still love the parade, "snow" on Main St and of course, the cookies and cocoa. We also love to go the GF to see their larger than life gingerbread house and I think the Beach Club still has their carousel of gingerbread too. It's just kind of fun to see some of the hotels in their holiday finery because each one is unique. Have a great time!

DisneyGlutton
09-05-2009, 12:17 PM
The Osbourne Family Lights at DHS are absolutely, positively the one thing you must do. Its mind blowing.

marylynne95
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I am also going in early December for my first time at Christmas as well. Interested to see what people say. :santa: Have my MVMCP tickets already and just booked my CP dinner package yesterday. :cloud9:

maxrebo77
09-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree. I love the Osbourne lights at DHS, but seeing the resorts in their holiday finest is realy cool. I have had to change my Sept trip to early Dec. and am actually quite excited to be there during the holiday season. Also, I get to celebrate my birthday there!

Marilyn Michetti
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Visit Boardwalk, Beach Club, Poly, and GF to see their chocolate and gingerbread creations. Absolutely amazing.:santa:

Disney4us2
09-05-2009, 01:32 PM
As previously mentioned... Osborn lights at DHS and the lifesize gingerbread house at GF. I also liked the different holiday traditions at WS at EPCOT. They were very interesting.

Mousemates
09-05-2009, 02:24 PM
two must for Christmas time are to visit the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom lodge to enjoy the decorations.

disneylovinmom
09-05-2009, 02:37 PM
WDW at the holidays is one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. The Verry Merry Christmas Party was great as well as the Osbourne lights. There was nothing that we experienced that we did not enjoy. All of the hotels are beautifully decorated and is well worth a trip to see all of them. The fireworks and the parades were fabulous. You will find that there is nothing in this world quite like a Disney World vacation in December. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family did.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 01:58 AM
We will be going back for our second Christmas trip this December and are looking forward to another Holiday at WDW. Like others have said, don't miss the Wilderness Lodge as it was our favorite decorated resort. It is kinda weird for us walking around in shorts in 75 degree weather listening to "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" but then again they do make it snow in the MK! One thing we thought was cool was all of the rooms that had small Christmas trees in their windows at night. I think we will take a small tree this year to add to the spirit!:thumbsup:

coneygoil
09-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Christmas season is my most favorite time at WDW! My last trip there was in Nov. when the Christmas decorations had just been put up. There's a sleigh in front of the Ye Olde Christmas shop in Liberty Square. I think it's there all year round, but it's more fun to take pics on during the Christmas season! Here's a couple kooky pics of my family on it.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/coneygoil/WDW%20Nov%2008/100_4640.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/coneygoil/WDW%20Nov%2008/100_4642.jpg

Also, walking around the World Showcase and hearing the stories of the different countries Santas. You can also take pics with them. It's pretty cool!

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-08-2009, 09:29 AM
We went last year durring Christmas and it was awesome. We were in Epcot on Chirstmas day. Like others have said, the Candlelight Proccessional is a must see and I would reccomend trying to get an ADR package so you have guarenteed seating for it. Another thing that we thought was great was all the different Santa Clauses in each country in the World Showcase. They would each give a quick rundown of their countries traditions and would of course pose for pics. Father Christmas from Great Britian was our favorite.
Something else you might enjoy, Pin trading. We are deffinate Pin fans and its easy to go for a Christmas theme for your trading/collection.
One thing you are probably aware of but I will take the time to mention, Its super crowded. When we were there every park had reached max capacity by 1030 and they were not letting new guests in. Because of that, I would not reccommend park hopper passes. If you leave you just might not get back in.

I hope your family has as much fun as we did when we went! :party: