PDA

View Full Version : 3 More Weeks! I Can't Wait!

coneygoil
09-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm Nina the Pooh (that was my parents nickname for me when I was a baby). I've been going to WDW since I was a year old. I had my 1st birthday there, and I'm hoping to make that a tradition when I have kids :)

My family and I, minus my husband :( sadly, will be going on our yearly WDW trip from Sept. 29-Oct. 3! Cast of characters:

Me - 27
Mom - 51
Dad - 51
Aunt Becky - 47
Cousin Jennifer - 18
Best Friend Alicia - 25
Alicia's Mom, Sandy - 40-something

My poor dad will be surrounded by SIX women! :D

My folks and I will be driving from South Mississippi to Orlando in my little red Blazer. This is my Blazer's 3rd trip to WDW and I've only had it a year and a half! This will be our 5th stay at Pop Century. We use to stay at Riverside (forever Dixie Landings!!!), but it's too expensive now :( Pop Century is cool though. I've enjoyed it. The danishes for breakfast are SO delicious.

We'll probably do MK and Epcot the first couple of days. My most favorite band ever is Off Kilter! We always bring them something (king cake, Mardi Gras beads, homemade calendar), and they recognize us now. How cool is that?!

My dad will be doing his duty to the CMs and getting autographs and pictures with every CMs he sees! He collected over 300 CM autographs last time. Lots of them said he made their day and made them fill special. One CM lady even started crying! And this trip, my mom has worked tirelessly to make homemade pins to give to CMs.

Me, Alicia, and Jennifer will be going to the Not So Scay Halloween Party. This will be our first time. I can't wait! I'll be going as a newsie from my favorite Disney movie, NEWSIES! It kicks High School Musicals rear end to the curb, baby! I'm not sure what Alicia or Jen will be yet.

Aside from the parks, we love to resort hop. We're hoping to visit Riverside, Grand Floridan, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and maybe some othes.

We also bought like 200 pins off ebay and will be trading them! I did this for the first time on the last trip. It was so much fun.

I'll report more when I get to WDW!

mickeefan
09-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Know exactly how you feel. We are just two days ahead of you.

nicster
09-05-2009, 10:53 AM
... this trip, my mom has worked tirelessly to make homemade pins to give to CMs.
How does she do that?

coneygoil
09-05-2009, 11:02 AM
How does she do that?

She makes pins out of flat wooden cut-outs. She paints them, glues a WDW pic on the front, adds some flare like glitter or foam shapes, glues a pin on the back, and seals them with a clear coat. She's made a lot of Mickey ears and some look like TVs. They came out really cool!

coneygoil
09-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Know exactly how you feel. We are just two days ahead of you.

Oh cool! So we'll be there at the same time enjoy the Disney magic!

Emme&TeddysMommy
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
were also going at the same time! Hope you have a awesome trip:mickey:

coneygoil
09-05-2009, 01:03 PM
were also going at the same time! Hope you have a awesome trip:mickey:

So cool! Hope yall have a great trip too!