PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Decide Between Chef Mickey's And 1900 Park Fare

DisneyPrincess21
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM
I am trying to decide which place to do for breakfast and also for dinner.

I have heard that 1900 Park Fare is very loud and overly crowded. I am a bit of a claustrophobic person, and thinking of being over crowded makes me nervous. But I also need help deciding which has the best atmosphere, food, and room (ie-not over crowded with other tables/people)

I need to choose a place for breakfast and a place for dinner, between chef mickey's and 1900 park fare

DisneyRN
09-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Chef Mickey's!!!!!

kathiep
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I am not a big fan of Chef Mickey's for dinner but would return in an instant for breakfast. I just had dinner at 1900 and it was Ok. I don't think I'll be rushing back. It did seem closed in and crowded. I get a much more open, spacious feeling a CM's.

Disney4us2
09-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Haven't done any breakfasts.... we are grab and go for breakfast. We did both Chef Mickeys and 1900 for dinner on two different trips. Love them both, but I like Chef Mickeys a bit better.:mickey:

gerald72
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
You can see Mickey Mouse anywhere. The characters at 1900 Park Fare aren't quite as common.
I voted for Dinner. Nice break from the parks.

Tippy
09-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I like the dinner food at 1900 PF better than Chef Mickeys. I would suggest that you view the menu options listed on this website to help you decide what to do. We ate dinner at 1900PF and it was not loud at all. There were quite a few very well behaved little girls dressed up to see Cindy & her family. I thought Chef Mickeys was the louder of the two. Breakfast at 1900 PF has Mary Poppins & Alice with dinner being Cinderella. Mickey & crew at at Chef Mickeys so I would also suggest you consider which characters you would like to see. The face characters do not talk but the actors as MP, A, C , etc. do act like the characters & interact very well so that is a treat as well.

wdwfansince75
09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Our clan has done all four, several times. My personal favorite is the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Faire. The food is great, and I never felt crowded. (Of course, in college, I shared my meals in Bancroft Hall with 4000 other midshipmen, so maybe I'm a poor judge of tight spaces.)

Our family trips always include several character meals. We all highly recommend Ohana's for breakfast. As a family, we also enjoy kicking off our stay with dinner at Chef Mickeys. And for in the park, our favorite is now Donald's Breakfast Safari. Frankly, we have never had a bad character meal experience.

Cinderella7299
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I have heard that 1900 Park Fare is very loud and overly crowded. I am a bit of a claustrophobic person, and thinking of being over crowded makes me nervous. But I also need help deciding which has the best atmosphere, food, and room (ie-not over crowded with other tables/people)

I think Chef Mickey's is a little more open, you also have the benefit of being in the atrium of the Contemporary, so it feels much lighter and brighter. Chef Mickey's has windows, 1900 Park fare does not. With that being said, I do LOVE the character experience of 1900 Park Fare. Personally, I would recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast, 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

FYI, I am probably the most claustrophobic person most people will ever know. There are many restaurants at WDW at which I simply cannot dine because of my claustrophobia (the mere thought of Le Cellier makes my heart pound out of my chest).

Here's a little something that I do that may help you. I find that if I am seated near an entrance/exit, or in the "front" row closest to the buffet, I am fine. Generally for me, if I have at least one side of me "open" or am near the way in/out...I'm okay. I (or my husband) talk to the host/hostess when I check in at the restaurant and explain the situation. They are usually very accommodating and helpful and I have never had a problem. I always arrive about 15 minutes prior to my ADR time and I am always willing to wait a little longer to be seated.

I hope this helps!

:mickey: Ginnylynne

DisneyPrincess21
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
FYI, I am probably the most claustrophobic person most people will ever know. There are many restaurants at WDW at which I simply cannot dine because of my claustrophobia (the mere thought of Le Cellier makes my heart pound out of my chest):mickey: Ginnylynne

i had that same feeling about le cellier after i saw pictures of it, i still tried for adr's because my mom really wanted to try it, but "unfortunately" they were booked! Lol. Needless to say finding out we cant get adr's made me feel relieved. Haha

i talked with my mom about 1900 and told her how some people said it was cramped, and she thankfully decided she would rather do chef mickey's. So we canceled 1900 dinner and book chef mickey's dinner instead

Cinderella7299
09-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Chef Mickey's is lots of fun, and much more open. You can see inside the restaurant pretty well (from the monorail and at the podium area). Have a look, if you're nervous about the seating arrangements, just request a table in an area you'll feel comfortable. I do think you'll enjoy it. It is a very happy, fun restaurant!

Yeah, Le Cellier was a little too much for me. Most of our friends swear it is best restaurant in Epcot...I'll continue to take their word for it! :blush:

Have a great trip and enjoy Chef Mickeys!

:mickey: Ginnylynne

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
1900 Park Fare is by far the better buffet. I'm also fairly claustrophobic, but it didn't bother me at all. We were seated at a table that was rather much "on our own", so we had plenty of room - I'm sure you could request the same thing (this was a fluke, but I'm sure you could ask for it).

The room is quite large, and although it is busy, I felt that Chef Mickey's was way more chaotic and crazy and I just hated it.