PDA

View Full Version : can you purchase a photo pass CD AFTER

Paiges
09-04-2009, 10:26 AM
you return home, or must they be pre-purchased?

We will have several groups there, and I would like to combine our photos onto one CD. Can that be done both with pre-purchase and with purchasing after returning home?

And what is the best way to combine photos - should we all have the same photo pass number when we are in the parks, or should we combine photo pass numbers onto a CD afterward?

Thank you!!:)

Mater
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, you can purchase a photo cd after you've returned home. Just make sure to order the cd before your photos expire, about 30 days from the date they were claimed.

Also, make sure that you claim all the photopass photos on one account. If individual photopasses have been claimed on separate accounts, you'll need the photopass staff to help you combine them into one account for you.

Paiges
09-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks, Mater.

I am a little dense :(, could you please explain what it means to claim a photopass on an account?

Thank you, thank you!! We leave in 8 days!! Woo Hoo!!

MNNHFLTX
09-04-2009, 11:41 AM
I actually got a couple of emails after we got back from our trip, with a discounted offer on the Photopass CD from our trip. So if your email is registered with Disney you may even be able to save a few bucks on the CD after you get back.

tinksmom02
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
And what is the best way to combine photos - should we all have the same photo pass number when we are in the parks, or should we combine photo pass numbers onto a CD afterward?

You can combine different photopass card numbers...so if your group splits up sometimes and you have, like, 4 different cards, you can enter them all under one account when you get home, and put all of those photos on one CD.

:mickey:

CleveRocks
09-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks, Mater.

I am a little dense :(, could you please explain what it means to claim a photopass on an account?

The first time you have a PhotoPass picture taken, tell the photographer you don't have a PhotoPass card. He/she will hand one to you, after he/she scans it with wireless scanner they have on them. The card has a thing the photographers scan (it's not a barcode, it's a square). But it also has a PhotoPass number on it, a long string of numbers and letters.

When you want to have another pic taken, you hand the PhotoPass card to the photographer, who will scan the card, and so on ... that's how they know to group all of your pics together on one "account."

And by the way, when we say "account" (for lack of a better word), at the point you are in the parks, Disney hasn't asked you your name or phone number or anything else ... you are simply the holder of a numbered card.

Even if you're not intending to "share" with anyone eles, it's common for a family to have multiple PhotoPass cards ... you might have forgotten your original one in the hotel room that day, or your family split up for a little bit and the folks without the card had a cool PhotoPass opportunity so they got a new card from the photographer, and so on.

When you go home and subsequently go onto the PhotoPass website, you can enter up to 10 PhotoPass card numbers to be combined into a single "account" which WILL have your name on it. PhotoPass has no way of knowing whether 10 families have combined into one account, or one family had 10 separate cards. In fact, I think I've read that some people have been able to add even more cards. However, and don't quote me on this because I'm not sure, I think there might be a limit to the number of photos that can be bought as part of a PhotoPass CD, and therefore it wouldn't be practical for 10 families each with 100 PhotoPass images to combine their pics on 1 CD, if you know what I mean.

I hope this helps explain the process to you a little bit.:mickey:

Paiges
09-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks, everyone! I think I know how to use Photopass now. :mickey: