PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked for New Years!

Bri
09-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm so excited!!!! 3 friends and I are going to Disney for New Years - Dec 30 to Jan 4, just a quick getaway! We are staying at Pop. None of us have ever been there for New Years and I've heard it's crowded but awesome. I've also heard that the parks clear out on Jan 1, is that true? Just wanted to share our excitement with everyone!!!! :woohoo::joy::yay::minnie:

Ms. Mode
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I sure hope they clear out after the 1st, we arrive for our first winter trip on the 3rd :thumbsup:

Mousemates
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
We have been down for New Years Eve the last several years and let me say:

Yes...it is crowded...on New Years Eve...it is crazily crowded.

However, yes it is also awesome (we go back again and agian)...to me there is no better place on earth to ring in the New Year than WDW.

The key to enjoying the experience is to know its crowded going in and plan accordingly....get to the park at rope drop and do your riding early..making use of fastpasses until they run out (which will likely before afternoon)...then kind of pick and choose what you do...taking in some of things you might normally walk past on a regular touring day.

Or spend New Years Eve outside of the parks...watching the different fireworks shows from various locations thorugh the evening...i.e. the early MK...and then finishing up with the show at DS.

Another option would be to stay at the Pop...for if you stand on the top balcony overlooking hourglass lake (from the 60s building) at midnight you can see multiple fireworks shows going off simultaneously...we did this two years ago when our kids were absolutely zapped...and for my wife and I it was literally 180 degrees of fireworks-- some close, some off in the distance (some were disney and the others we were guessing on...maybe universal/some municipality...we werent sure whose they were), but it was all very cool.