PDA

View Full Version : How much money do you plan per day

handyandy
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Am trying to figure a good amout of spending money for the day. Any ideas? There are 3 of us, 2 adults and Teen boy who EATS. What is the average amount you pay per day. I am trying to figure breakfast at resort (POFQ), lunch at parks, and dinner at parks.
Thanks!

nyobabe2
09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
That's a tough one, because before the dining plan I would say $150-$200 a day but now I don't have to worry about food. We hardley buy any souveniers and now with the DP we ship a box down of our breakfast foods (including the parmalat milk that doesn't have to be refridgerated till opened), case of water, and tons of snacks. For the small amount you pay in shipping it really saves you on the price of water and snacks in the parks.

Twinkletoes77705
09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
If you look in info central...you will find (under dinning) a place that has menu's. That way you can look at all the parks and get an idea of howmuch things run. thats what i do. :cool:

megustamex
09-03-2009, 11:40 AM
We spend about $7-$8 per person on breakfast on the days that we eat in the food court, but we usually bring cereal and then just buy milk or coffee and some fruit to share (cost: $12 total when we do this). We don't do table service breakfasts. Lunch is about $10-$12 per person. Dinner is the same if you're doing a counter service, $10-$12 per person. If we are doing a table service restaurant, we're usually looking at $40 per person for a buffet plus tax and tip. We don't really do any al a carte restaurants so I can't say, but I think it would kind of be all over the place depending on what you ordered anyway. So in a day we average $35 a day per person if we were to eat every meal in the resort or the parks, no table service.

Rekenna
09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi! So when are you guys going, are you going during free dining? If you have a big eater the dining plan can really help you in not busting your budget. We are trying the Quick Service Dining Plan this year, you don't have to make ADR's so it's pretty easy. I don't know if this is an option you may be interested in?

I see you are new to the boards (you have 3 posts) but, I'm not sure if you are new to Intercot or to the whole Disney experience?

:mickey:

BIGDOG
09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Before the DDP I would always figure 10.00 for breakfast,,15.00 for lunch and 25 for dinner,, plus figure in some dole whips,turkey legs and mickey ice creams during the day and assorted drinks,,,we would rarely eat 3 meals so 50 to 65 per person per day thats if no character meals but thats us ...

brian2000boston
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Last year we were on the free dining plan and still managed to spent on average about $100/day. that was extra drinks, tips, extra snacks, maybe lunch if it was in addition to the dining plan and any souvenirs we purchased. This also included money spent on food at airport and $22 bus ride home from airport.

We were a family of three with a 4 year old.

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
We are a family of 4 with two young boys who don't eat that much. When not on the dining plan we seemed to spend around $100 a day just on food, maybe more. We typically ate our own food in our room for breakfast, then CS lunch and TS dinner. On top of that we'd probably spend another $100 on other stuff. You'll probably be good with around $200 a day.

disneyboundagain
09-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I think there can be a huge variance in the amount of money per day per family. Where do you want to eat, how much do you eat (appetizers, alcoholic drinks), snacks/drinks during the day, souvenirs, pictures, etc. The DP is not offered when we usually go, and I budget $300 per day for the four of us (myself, DW, DD5, and DS3). But, we typically splurge, getting whatever we want to eat and snacks. The only thing we (I) really hold back on is souvenirs.

Disneymom4ever
09-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree with everyone that it all depends on how you eat. For example, it's me, DH, and 2 boys, 13 and 16. So basically, it's like feeding 4 adults. We eat breakfast in the room (really saves $!), and lunch and dinner out. With souveniers and snacks included, I always figure $200/day, or $50 per person. Now that usually includes a buffet or nice dinner occasionally (not every night), so it averages out. And usually, we end up with $ left at the end of the night. The boys also have a little of their own spending money as well. :mickey:

handyandy
09-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info. Now I think have a rough idea. :mickey:

Zeike
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Usually we use the Disney Visa rewards just for the food, it's a good way to save some money. Enjoy your trip!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
When we aren't on the free dining plan I'd figure about $50 per day. But you can save if you eat breakfast in your resort.We used to pick up muffins and OJ and I'd bring my own water and soda into the parks.

mustBgoofy
09-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Usually we use the Disney Visa rewards just for the food, it's a good way to save some money. Enjoy your trip!

Zeike,
I'm new to all of the discount things such as dining plans and the disney visa rewards. Are you able to use the Disney Visa for discounts on food throughout all 4 parks? What kind of discount is it? Thanks!:)

Marilyn Michetti
09-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Typically, for us, (two Sr. citizens), we plan $50 a day, so that's $400 for the eight days, and we're pretty close to that.:thumbsup:

Belster
09-07-2009, 05:26 PM
We are on free dining and do $100 per day. This is for tips and any extras. I give the kids a set amount of money before we go so that they never ask me for any money unless if it is food related.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 09:09 AM
We are a family of 5 who spend very little on souvenirs. The girls would rather spend their time riding than shopping. We spend an average of $200/day. We could do it cheaper if we needed to go cheaper but find we can eat a very light breakfast, a really good lunch at a table service, and dinner at a counterservice, as well as drinks,snacks, and the occasional souvenir, for about $200.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 12:10 PM
We're a family of two adults & 11-year old with a voracious appetite. We typically eat breakfast in the room, with one CS and one TS per day at either the parks or deluxe resorts. Our average this past year was $157 per day with snacks, adult beverages & tips. We allow an additional $75 per day for souvenirs for a total of $232 in daily expenditures. This of course includes a shopping trip to DTD with purchases at World of Disney, Lego Store and the Christmas Shoppe, to name a few. If we opted to omit this trip, we'd spend a lot less in merchandise purchases.

I'm new to all of the discount things such as dining plans and the disney visa rewards. Are you able to use the Disney Visa for discounts on food throughout all 4 parks? I think Zieke was referring to using his earned Disney Visa Rewards towards the food, as I don't believe there is much in the way of discounts on food & beverage for cardholders. There is a 10% discount at World of Disney, however. Don't get me wrong, we love the card, but you typically would need to start utilizing it (the credit card) the year before your trip to see any substantial rewards. You earn 1% back in reward dollars for every $100 you spend, and then you redeem the rewards via a pre-loaded card.