PDA

View Full Version : What would be your 1 TS at HS?

hope23
09-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Which Table Service restaurant would you choose at Hollywood Studios? For lunch or dinner? Any special selections there? Thanks!

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Which Table Service restaurant would you choose at Hollywood Studios? For lunch or dinner? Any special selections there? Thanks!

I love the Sci-Fi Cafe, the theme is really cute, plus I enjoy the food.
They have very good Rueben's and Hamburgers.
Me and my mom each get one and split it half and half, because we can never decide which we want, so we get the best of both worlds.
it's delicious! :eat:

Disney4us2
09-03-2009, 02:22 AM
I like the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I can't believe i remember what I had... the meatloaf. It was sooooo good. We were kept laughing the whole time watching the cm server play her role. Luckly my DD and I like our vegies :)

Dragongirlx
09-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Mamma Melrose for me. I really love the food and decor and I have never had a bad meal

SBETigg
09-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I think the Sci-Fi is fun for lunch. I probably wouldn't do it for dinner. The choices at DHS are not my favorites and we usually choose not to eat in that park, except for snacks.

lockedoutlogic
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Brown Derby is the best restaurant there....not much discussion on this one:mickey:

Kenny1113
09-03-2009, 08:40 AM
As far as TS goes, I have only been to Sci Fi. So I can't say it is the best, but it is alot of fun. The themeing is great and the food is good. I will definately go back.

mouseketeer mom
09-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I'd vote for Sci fi. Its really such a unique place. And others bash the food, but its always been really yummy to us. Its fun, one of a kind, its an experience as well as food.
50's prime time can be an experience too ,but only if you get a good server, so its iffy.
Brown Derby is good, but it didn't knock our socks off for the prices they charge.
We have not tried H and V or Mama Melrose.

KylesMom
09-03-2009, 09:16 AM
For lunch, I also would recommend Sci-Fi . . . their burgers & onion rings are great, and my son deemed their milkshakes the best on property . . .

For dinner, we enjoy Mama Melrose. Although service can be hit-and-miss (we had one great dinner with exceptional service & one good dinner with lousy service this past June), but we'll continue to go back. DH enjoys the calmari & sausage/pepper dish, I enjoy the mozarella & tomatoes and top sirloin, and DS loves the pepperoni flatbread. Oh, and their sangria is awesome! :mickey:

brownie
09-03-2009, 09:58 AM
For lunch, it would probably be the Sci-Fi Dine-in. For dinner, I'd probably lean towards Mama Melrose's, although Hollywood & Vine would be a close second.

jenperich
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
For lunch or dinner my choices would be either 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi. Both with good food and great theming!

Jasper
09-03-2009, 10:19 AM
If your party is made up of older children and adults or all adults I would do Momma Melrose or the Brown Derby. If you have small children though I would doe Hollywood and Vine for lunch. For lunch Hollywood and Vine has a wonderful buffett and even more importantly they have the characters from the Disney Channel that are targeted at the young children like Jo-Jo's Circus and the like. (Sorry I don't remember the specifics of the characters.)

poeticeclipse
09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
With the Studios it all depends on what your family is like.

If your family won't really appreciate having a little fun at your expense (they tease and joke around a lot) then 50's Prime Time isn't for you. But, if your family is a fun loving, easy going crowd, then i'd say 50's Prime Time is the best!

If your family really is look for the best actual meal at the Studios... i'd say Mama Melrose.

BriarRose0708
09-03-2009, 10:41 AM
For me it's either Mama Melrose or Sci-Fi Drive In. I've eaten at both for lunch and dinner and find them very fun and delicious meals. I have heard great things about Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood and Vine, but haven't had the opportunity to try them. I think it depends on what you and/or your traveling group is looking for and finding the best fit. Good luck and happy eating!

DisneyFr33k
09-03-2009, 10:44 AM
We ate at Sci Fi for lunch once, and that was one time too many. The food portions were small, it was too dark and the hokie movie clips repeat over and over. I would have hoped they would run new ones for at least a full meal time. Food quality - only fair.

Mama Melroses - great food, atmosphere and service. If you are in the mood for italian, this is the place to go.

50's Prime Time - our personal favorite. Good home cooking, funny wait staff (we aren't afraid of being ribbed) and the food is really good! We're heading back there for our next trip!! :eat:

renecat
09-03-2009, 10:49 AM

Your heading said 1TS Brown Derby is 2.
50"s Prime Time Cafe has great food the interaction with the staff is fun.

andismom
09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
My family enjoys 50's Prime Time. Its a different experience each time we go, but it is always fun. My daughter is incredibly shy but she still enjoys going.

MuchLovedMama
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
My family really enjoys sci-fi. Doesn't matter if it's for lunch or dinner.

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
50's Prime Time!:mickey:

princessgirls
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Good to know all of this input, as we don't usually eat a TS in the studios. We will on this upcoming trip, so I think I'm booking the 50's primetime. It all sounds so yummy!
Julie:mickey:

Ms. Mode
09-03-2009, 02:25 PM
The Brown Derby is hands down the best in HS, but it takes two dinner credits, Mama Melrose is great food but we really like the atmosphere at Sci-Fi Dine-In even if the food is just so-so..maybe for a late lunch :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
There is just no contest when it comes to food, the Hollywood Brown Derby is head and shoulders above all other eateries in the park.

If you're on the dining plan and want to use one credit, I'd head out of the park... The Boardwalk area & Epcot offer far superior meals than the other options at DHS.

Tinkerbella16
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
50's Prime TIme Cafe would be our #1 choice without even thinking. Its alot of fun and we love the menu.

Been to Mama Melrose...didn't like it.

Been to Sci-fi... didnt like it.

Never tried Hollywood & Vine or Brown Derby yet.

brian2000boston
09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Hollywood and Vine was terrible, felt like i was eating from as slop bucket, worse meal we had last year- hands down. honestly, nothing in this park does it for me. This year we will hop the boat to a neighboring hotel for dinner.

alliekat
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I just ate at Hollywood and Vine on Tuesday and really loved it. It's buffet so you have lots of choices. There were great breads and salads to choose from. There were selections for the kids and a great desert bar. Our server Nick was a lot of fun. He knew we had birthdays in the group and he bought out cupcakes and candles. He also bought out chocolate covered strawberries for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary. We all enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend it.:thumbsup:

prttynpnk
09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Brown Derby is the best restaurant there....not much discussion on this one:mickey:
My thoughts, too.

GrmGrninGost
09-05-2009, 11:52 AM
No contest! 50's Prime Time for me! :thumbsup: IMHO, the food can't be beat and the wait staff is the best! I love the "Mom" way they get on you for putting your elbows on the table and try to get you to eat your veggies! This is just a great place to relax and enjoy yourself! :mickey:

ElenitaB
09-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Remember, the OP is looking for a 1 TS restaurant. Brown Derby is a 2 TS venue.

Mousemates
09-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Brown Derby is probably the better restaurant (thou my son and I like Mama Melroses very much)...however, if I were on free dining and I had never had a meal at the Sci-Fi Diner...I might be tempted to have my one TS meal there just to experience the uniqueness of the place...its lots of fun.