PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France

jenperich
09-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Hello all-
We're looking for a romantic place to have dinner on our last night in WDW. I was looking into Chefs de France. What is this restaurant like?

Is it romantic? Will there be lots of kids around? Are you able to see Illuminations from inside? And if you are able to see Illuminations, how is the view?

Sorry so many questions, I just really would like to try something new. Thanks for the help!

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
What is this restaurant like?
. . . tables are further apart than expected
. . . still tight, but not like Le Cellier

Is it romantic?
. . . not really
. . . too many kids
. . . to many unruly kids and adults
. . . if you want romance, do Bistro de Paris (upstairs)

Will there be lots of kids around?
. . . more than enough to make it unromantic

Are you able to see Illuminations from inside?
. . . from a window seat, you see arials

And if you are able to see Illuminations, how is the view?
. . . average-to-poor
. . . people and trees in the way

jenperich
09-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks Rusty! We don't have enough dining credits to do Bistro...that will be our next trip. :-) Maybe by 7:30 when we're planning to eat there won't be as many kids...here's hoping. :-)

renecat
09-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Rose&Crown is the only place to see Illumination , with a good view. Romance is what you make it.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks Rusty! We don't have enough dining credits to do Bistro...that will be our next trip. :-) Maybe by 7:30 when we're planning to eat there won't be as many kids...here's hoping. :-)

1) Ah, I understand.
2) Bistro is not on dining plan.
3) That is why it is quiet and more romantic.

4) For DDP & romance, I would recommend Tokyo Dining.
5) People get the kids to EDO, but not the front part.
6) So, it is quieter.
7) And, you don't get many of the adult types that are rude and crude.
8) Plus, the window does give a fairly decent view of Illuminations.

4myprincesses
09-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I have to second the notion of going to Tokyo Dining. The view is perfect and the food is wonderful. Even if you do not like sushi, the menu is varied enough that you will surely find something you like.

When we were there our kids were one of a small handful there. I have to give our kids kuddos, though. They are the sushi eating, napkin in the lap, please and thank you sir, no running in a restaurant type...unless it has a play structure and food happens to come in a bag or box. In that case, they play appropriately ;)

6 days until we head south to the mouse

jenperich
09-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Thank you everyone so much! You've given me great information. I think I will definitely try to get Tokyo Dining instead. I always got the notion that Chefs de France was so romantic...but I guess I was wrong. :-) The best view with the best food is really what I'm looking for...so that's what we'll go with. Thank you again.

SBETigg
09-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Tokyo Dining is good, but I really enjoy Chefs de France and disagree with Rusty. We've had some very romantic meals at Chefs. Sometimes there are kids around, but it's rare that they're running around or misbehaved (and you will find that in any WDW restaurant except for the few that really aren't big family favorites, mostly in the Signature category or Bistro de Paris and V & A). You're just as likely to run into unruly kids at Tokyo Dining, so please don't make that your sole deciding factor.

The Illuminations view is likely to be much better at Tokyo Dining, however. There is no view at Chefs, maybe a very slight one if you happen to be near the windows but not likely.
'

jokat
09-05-2009, 10:50 PM
One year ago tonight my DH and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary with dinner at Chefs de France. Of course, we noted the occasion in our reservation. We had a window seat with a view of IllumiNations, a fabulous server, and an even better meal. I agree with the previous post that romance is what you make it. We asked our server to write "Happy Anniversary" in French on our menu as a souvenir...he actually gave us a little personal message as well. There were children in the restaurant...it is, after all, still Disney World...but that was not a distraction. In all honestly, a few of the intoxicated adults were more of a distraction than any child. We would definitely recommend Chefs for dinner! Be sure to have dessert!

bkfree
09-07-2009, 12:13 PM
While we really enjoyed Chefs De France on our last trip, there were many things that will cause it not to be on our next trip ADR list.

It is not romantic, if that is what you are looking for. We had our two kiddos with us and it was very kid friendly,so lots of other kiddos.

But the wait to get your table, even with an ADR was horrible. We were seated about 45 minutes after our ADR time and it seemed this was a typical thing here. The tables seemed as close as they are at LaCellier to us.
We found the most romantic place and best food was at Tutto Italia.