PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party

Tippy
09-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi - we will be at Disney starting on the 20th of this month and plan to attend this event. The options are Tuesday or Friday. Is one night usually more crowded then the other. Would Tuesday be better than a Friday? Please let me know your experience with this event or thoughts on which night we should go. Thanks!

GreenBeetle
09-02-2009, 08:51 PM
First of all, you will love it!! :mpumpkin: But to answer your question about crowds, I think you are much better off with a Tuesday.

Enjoy . . . and don't miss the Headless Horseman!! :frank: :pumpkin:

Pirate Granny
09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
TUESDAY...I'm so bummed that while we're there we will have to do a Friday night...but at least we get to go...this will be my fifth party...I love it...smile.
:pirate:

Babyvett
09-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Are tickets the same price even if you already have an admission ticket for the same day??? I'm debating whether we want to go since they are showing tickets are an additional 52 bucks a piece.. Not sure I'm up to spending an additional $105 dollars for an extra parade and some candy.

Tigger&Stitch
09-03-2009, 02:26 AM
I think a limited number of tickets are sold to the party, and while Friday's event may sell more than Tuesday's, I think the park will still be much less crowded than your average day. Besides, it tends to clear out as the night goes on. :)

BMan62
09-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Are tickets the same price even if you already have an admission ticket for the same day??? I'm debating whether we want to go since they are showing tickets are an additional 52 bucks a piece.. Not sure I'm up to spending an additional $105 dollars for an extra parade and some candy.

You must purchase the party ticket as they close the park at 5pm on those nights. It is what is referred to as a Hard Ticket Event. Only those with 'Hard Tickets' may attend.

BugeyedMuggy
09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
We uaually wait to see what the weather is like b-4 buying tics but the weekdays vs the weekends are usually less crowded. It is a great time esp. if you love Halloween as we do and dress up.

DisneyHoneymooners
09-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Last year was the first time we went on a weekday and we loved it! The tickets are cheaper and the party was less crowded than previous years when we've gone on Fridays. We've got our tickets for 9/22!

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
We really haven't seen a difference. I think it is just how the crowds hit on a particular night.

Joy2theworld
09-03-2009, 09:28 PM
You must purchase the party ticket as they close the park at 5pm on those nights. It is what is referred to as a Hard Ticket Event. Only those with 'Hard Tickets' may attend.

I am pretty sure the park is open until 7 pm not 5 pm for those without tickets.

SurferStitch
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM
You would think a Friday would be worse, but we did a Tuesday in early October in 2005, and it was sold out. You just never know.

I would still stick with Tuesday, though. The odds are in your favor.

09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Party guests can enter the park at 4pm and stay until midnight and the park will be cleared of non party guests at 7pm.

SignguyTom
09-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Personally, I think that $50-ish for a "Ticketed Event" like this is absurd. Though Disney is far from perfect, MNSSHP and the MVMCP are full-blown rip-offs. People spend thousands of $$$ on a trip including hundreds of $$$ on park tickets just to have to pay to re-enter the MK after it closes early...? I'm cool with a reasonable charge to re-enter after hours - say...$8- $10. But the (re-)admission fee for these things is insulting. I am one of Disney's biggest fans, but I can't help feeling that there is just a bit of greed involved with these events.

Just my humble opinion... :twocents:

Let the flogging begin... :rolleyes:

joonyer
09-05-2009, 04:47 AM
MNSSHP (and the Christmas party) are a little more than just extra hours admission to the parks. They have limited numbers of tickets, so the park is less crowded than other nights when the park is just open late. Then there are the other "extras" special parade, exclusive fireworks (Hallowishes is fabulous), etc. Yes, you can argue that it's overpriced. But then, one can always vote with his wallet. Just say no. One can argue that the general park admission is overpriced, too.