PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp?

WorldTraveler
09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Empty nesters with DD in college. Will be at WDW in October and have never been to MNSSHP. Hear that the wishes and parade are worth seeing and since we will be only spending two days in parks primarily for Food and Wine festival we were thinking of buying tickets to the party. If we do not bring costumes, will we fell out of place?

BraddyB
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Not at all, we were on our honeymoon there in October and went to the MNSSHP. The parade is something else to see. The Headless Horseman making his run is amazing. The Hanuted Mansion float with all the undertakers is pretty cool too. We didnt wear customes. My guess would be about 2/3 without to 1/3 with customes. Might be different other nights but you werent out numbered if you didnt wear one.

What we did the day of the party was, went to Epcot that morning/ afternoon. Headed over to the MK around 3:00 went inside and picked up our Party Bracelets. They hand them out just to the right of the Castle if you are coming in from mainstreet, they will have a sign pointing you to them. Then hopped a boat over to the Wilderness lodge for dinner at 5. So when we came back in for the party we didnt have to wait in anylines to get bracelets.

deedeebee
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
You won't be out of place at all. It's a really good time. Our kids (11,12 and 13) dressed up, so did my DH, he went as a nerdy tourist, a few CM's got it. I didn't dress up, a spooky t-shirt. It was well worth it:thumbsup: The parade is the best:bat::jack:

seanyred
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Its been awhile for myself and my DW but In 2004 we spent our honeymoon at WDW and enjoyed the party so much we went a second night. And don't be afraid to go trick or treating either...its a lot of fun to act like a kid again. Also the parade is outstanding but go to the second parade if you plan on staying all night it is usually less crowded the first parade.

MushuGrl
09-03-2009, 04:42 PM
IT'S WONDERFUL! You will see so many characters that you normally wouldn't see!

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Not at all! DH and I went to celebrate our anniversary in 2004 and left the DKs home. We had a blast! We now go as a family for our anniversary (I felt guilty:secret:)

Red Randal
09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it's definitely worth it. The parade and fireworks are great and it's nice to get basically any ride with little to no line.

Don't know what your ticket situation is but with MNSSHP tickets you can enter the Magic Kingdom at (I believe) 4pm even though the party doesn't officially start until 7. So if you don't mind a quiet morning/early afternoon at the resort or DTD, you don't have to waste a day of admission on it. Just an idea.

WorldTraveler
09-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Thank everyone for the help. Just purchased the tickets.
Have a day with no park admission and have already booked the 7 hour back stage tour for that day. (Something we have wanted to do for years) Now have the party for the evening.
This should be a fun and interesting day. Once the tour ends between 4 and 5 pm, we will go right into the Magic Kingdom.