PDA

View Full Version : another quick question about Mickey's Halloween

Running_Bell
09-02-2009, 11:38 AM
If we only purchase the Halloween ticket to Magic Kingdom and went right at 4pm... would that be as good as buying a one day pass? Can we ride rides during that time? We can only go to MK once this trip and I don't want to short change us by only doing the Halloween ticket.

Thanks.

T-Belle
09-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Absolutely! But not all the rides and attractions are open during the actual party that starts at 7:00.

Running_Bell
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Thank you...

Is it usually most rides? Also, I noticed that the Oct 29th was more expensive than the 27th (advanced tickets) does this mean the 29th will be more crowded because, I'm assuming, it's closer to Halloween?

BraddyB
09-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I want to say almost everything is open. I dont remember any rides being closed. We hit all the biggies that night with no wait. Only thing I remember being closed is some of the quick service places. You have to do the trick or treating and make sure you walk the whole way through ToonTown. Its not very busy during the party and the CM's give out WAY more candy, especially near the end of the night !!!!

Running_Bell
09-02-2009, 01:43 PM
We just purchased the Halloween tickets for Oct. 29th.... We can't wait!!!

Goes4FastPass
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
OK but be smart.

How many days is your WDW stay?

How many days are your MYW tickets?

After 3 days additional days for MYW is just a few dollars each day.

If you ONE day to visit the MK you may do well to add a day to your MYW ticket to have more time at the MK.

Running_Bell
09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks Goes4FastPass for the suggestion. We are at WDW for 7 days/nights (not including 2 days slated for travel time). We are driving the RV and staying at FW. We will going to MK, AK, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Universal this year. We don't like to fill our days completely with the parks since there is so much to do at FW... we usually leave at least 2 free days to rent the speed boats, swim, ride bikes, and visit DWNTWN Disney. We always spend one full day at each park from open to close (not MGM this year though) and that usually is plenty.... we have just not ever been to the Halloween party and didn't know if that would be comparible to the full day pass at MK. Thanks for everyone's input. We are sooo looking forward to it.

joelkfla
09-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Attractions not open for MNSSHP:

Walt Disney WorldŽ Railroad

The Enchanted Tiki Room

Jungle Cruise

Tom Sawyer Island

Country Bear Jamboree

Liberty Square Riverboat

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

And, of course, Space Mountain.

Monsters, Inc., Laugh Floor closes at 10 p.m.

In ToonTown Fair, only Goofy's Barnstormer is open.

JohnnyNovo
09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Joelklfa is right. But there are other things going on where those attrations are. For example: by the CoP, there is a DJ with a dance party and the railroad has trick or treat stands at the stations.

Running_Bell
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks... that is helpful information. Our family loves the Jungle Cruise...we'll have to ride it early. One more question....my DH and I are planning to dress up as pirates... do Adults usually dress up too?

Dreamer7080
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes, adults dress up!! My family (my mom, dad, boyfriend (23), brother (19), and myself (23)) dress up every year!! I think it really adds to the experience!! :pumpkin: