PDA

View Full Version : Dinning With 3 kids willing to change

Greenlawler
09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Intercot friends I need your advice....

We were brining the in-laws this year so I booked all of our favorite eating stops to share with them :cool: But of course now they cannot come with us and we have reservations for 6 places we have been to just about every year.
I did some tweaking today but realized we eat in the same places every year. I canned Ohana breakfast (we just decided not to do the early thing this year) and Hollywood and Vine (just done it too often) Keep in mind we have three kids 6-4-2.

Right Now I have:
Akershus (D)
Crystal Palace (D)
Sci Fi (L): First time for us
Liberty Tree (D): favorite, on night of MNSSHP
Biergarten (D): First Time for us
Cinderella's Royal Table (L)

So what would you change?
I would like to switch out either Akershus or CRT.

Disney4us2
09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Did you want character dining? Reg table service?

We love Chef Mickeys for character dining and Teppan Edo (EPCOT) where they cook the food at the table. There are so many options.:mickey:

Have a ton of fun....

green ranger
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
With children ages 6,4, and 2, I would recommend Garden Grill in Epcot. My 5 and 4 year old loved it, the food was really good, and the character interaction was great!

Greenlawler
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Did you want character dining? Reg table service?

We love Chef Mickeys for character dining and Teppan Edo (EPCOT) where they cook the food at the table. There are so many options.:mickey:

Have a ton of fun....

We have always done character dinning. But are open to anything.

Greenlawler
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
With children ages 6,4, and 2, I would recommend Garden Grill in Epcot. My 5 and 4 year old loved it, the food was really good, and the character interaction was great!

Thanks for the recomendation we may try Garden Grill out. It is one of the few character meals we have not done.

Here is my next question do we can our CRT reservation because we have Akershus (kind of a tradition)? Thus grabbing an additional TS meal and chance to try something new. Or d I hold on to it, and pray that we can squeeze into Le Ceilier?

azcavalier
09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
With smaller kids in mind, I would go for places that are entertaining....but they don't have to be childish. They would love Coral Reef, because you never run out of things to see. One whole wall is an aquarium. The kids get a little guide to the fish in the tank, and they can try to find them. It's also really cool to see the divers come down and sometimes have messages for the diners. And since it's already in Epcot, you don't have to change plans for where to spend the evening, if you were to switch out Akershus for it. This, btw, is one of our family's favorite restaurants, and we also have three kids (but they're a little older).

Also, you could try venturing out into some of the other resort restaurants that you haven't tried, such as the Whispering Canyon Cafe, which is fairly "interactive", even though there are no characters. For example, if someone asks for ketchup, then the waiter/waitress yells for the ketchup, and all the bottles in the entire place are then whisked to the table by those that currently have them.

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I doubt you're going to squeeze into Le Cellier. It is hard to be able to eat at your ADR time there. We waited 45 min past our time the last time we ate there. I also wouldn't worry about entertaining the kids at every meal. If your children are well behaved and have decent table manners, they can endure one nice meal and the people around you will be undersatnding of any little mishaps that may come along. And I think your kids would like the ood okay.

That being said, Garden Grill is an excellent choice! It is one of our favorite character meals and has great character interaction.:mickey:

More grown up fair that the kids may like too, Rose and Crown, Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon Cafe...

When are you going? You may could try for the Le Cellier ADR??

If you have a daughter in there with knowledge of the already booked CRT, I'm not sure I would want to live through that disappointment:blush:.

Greenlawler
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
We have three boys so the CRT is not a priority any longer (the in-laws were brining the niece).

I think I will try Coral Reef and Garden Grill based on your suggestions!

Although I am still going to try getting in at Le Cellier on one of our nights. Sept 26-Oct 1

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Excellent choices. We love both of those.

I would continue to call Le Cellier for an ADR and see if you can get something between now and then.

Nope, wouldn't worry so much about CRT with 3 boys. :mickey: Though they might still think the castle is cool.

Ms. Mode
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's sound like they would good choices with childern the age of yours :thumbsup: