PDA

View Full Version : REALLY "PRE" Trip Report

reneeandmark
09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Ok.. so here it is. We have them ALL fooled. They have no idea. Not even a single clue... What??? You ask?? We are taking them to DISNEY for a VERY magical celebration....but more of that later. First, let me introduce the cast...
There are 2 families involved.. mine and my sisters.
MY FAMILY:

Me - 44 - MOM - Planner - Contact person - and GUARDIAN OF ALL THINGS SECRET - (currently home for 8 - 12 weeks from teaching due to Spinal Fusion so I have PLENTY of time to plan)

My DH - 44 Driver and payor of the bills (hee hee)

My DD - 12 (going on 20 - she is 5'9" tall already) - wrapper of the finger of the father

My DS - 10 - secretly holds my heart in his hand

**A little background on how special they are**
We tried for 9 years to have kids and had pretty much given up when we saw an ad for foster parenting. After much prayer and months of paperwork,etc. we were approved in 2001 to foster and were given children. At the time they were 2 and 3. I knew as soon as I saw them that they were MINE. We adopted Laney and Hayes in 2002.

My Sister's Family

My Sister - 41 (yes, she is the younger - but I am much better looking - PLEASE don't tell her)

My Sister's DH - 49 - the OLD MAN of the group and driver for their family

My Sister's DD - 11 our "Asian equation"

My Sister's DD - 5 Our Sunshine

My Sister's DD - 2 Our Smiley

**A Little Background on them**
My sister was also unable to have a child naturally, so she and her hubby started the proceedings for an overseas adoption. The price was -WOW- so we all chipped in in whatever we could.. we had yard sales, car washes, made ornaments and crafts and sold them. When I say we, I mean we.. our neighbors helped, the people we worked with helped... it TRULY takes a village. They welcomed Sara in 2000. Most recently, they have been fostering two sweet baby girls.

So, why are we going to DISNEY?????
We went in 2003 to celebrate the adoptions of Laney and Hayes and Sara, so we thought it only fitting to go again with the two new babies. I can't post their names yet, as they are not legally adopted, but suffice it to say they ARE sunshine and smiley. Their adoption will be final VERY soon (the two newest additions).... and no one knows but us. We are going to celebrate by going to Disney. We have been planning hard. Our kids think we are going to Charleston to see my best friend (and with their noses buried in their games and videos they will not know any differently). My sis has told her kids they are going to Savannah. Our plan is to meet up on Friday night, November 6th in Jacksonville, Fl and ACCIDENTLY run into them at a restaurant. I can hardly wait to see their faces. They all love each other so much and will be sooooo surprised.

We have plans to eat out that include the following:
Ohanas
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
50's Prime Time

I look forward to springing this on them and seeing their reaction.

Good idea?? Bad idea?? Any ideas on things to do???
:mickey:

another tink
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to your trip report. I like your style.:number1:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Wow! I can't wait to hear about the kids reactions - what a super surprise!

What lucky kids they are to have found their family with you :)

Mickeydream
09-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Have a wonderful trip. What a great reason to celebrate..actually two of them, Sunshine and Smiley. :mickey:

I look forward to hearing the reaction when the kids realize the surprise. Enjoy!

Dsnygirl
09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
What a wonderful occassion to celebrate, and I can't think of a better way! Can't wait to hear all about it, their faces when it finally dawns on them what is happening... kudos to you for doing all this for everyone, and for welcoming these dear children into your lives. I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL (and magical) vacation!! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
09-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I loved reading this pre trip report..theres a whole lotta love in it and you can just feel it! I wish you just the most wonderful time together!

tys_mommy
09-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Can't wait to read about your trip.

BTW, we adopted our first and only 2 foster placements (sibling group) 2 months ago (after having them in our lives for 18 months). I can't imagine our lives without them.

tmosier
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I love your sense of humor! Did I miss when you are taking this surprise trip?

biodtl
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
How wonderful! I can't wait to read more.

DizNee143
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
how absolutely wonderful!!
i hope you and your sisters family have a great time!!! :mickey:

wildernesslady
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Have a great time. You and your family are very special for what you are doing. I can't wait to hear their reactions.

T-Belle
09-02-2009, 11:51 AM
It sounds like you have such a beautiful family and I look forward to reading all about it!

faline
09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
What a great, loving family you have! This ought to be a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all the details!

reneeandmark
09-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, suffice it to say my PAIN meds are working. NO WHERE in my PRE trip report did I mention WHEN we would be going. MEDS can be a wonderful thing... LOL...

We are going to be leaving from home on November 6th and returning home the 14th. We know this is Veterans week and that MAY have some influence on the crowd, but with me being out of work for 8 or so weeks already, we knew this would be best for the kids I teach. I really hate being away from them, but know that I need to take care of ME before I can teach them. This way, I will only miss 2 actual instructional days. The other days we have that week are workdays.

One side note...
Have ya'll seen that cute commercial where they are in the stuffy restaurant and the dad turns his menu over and there is the invite from DISNEY?? and all the balloons go off and "firepops"? (And yes, I know they are called fireWORKS, but Hayes called them firepops when he was little and I just can't stop them now). Anyway... that commercial is on ALLLL the time during the day and when the kids get home from school. I have made a HUGE deal of saying EVERYTIME it comes on that I want to go to DISNEY again this year. The kids have made of running joke of saying things like...

Ok, Mom, we KNOW you want to go.. you don't have to say it....
or things like.. we CAN'T afford Disney AGAIN this year, Mom....

Everytime they do, I am SOOOO smiling inside... I want to tell them SOOO bad, but I know that surprise that night we "RUN INTO" my sister and her family will be worth all the pent up happiness.

My sister and I have had the best time buying their "MICKEY SURPRISES". We hang a "special bag" on the door everynight, go to sleep and SOMEHOW they are full the next morning. IMAGINE THAT!!!! Even my 12 year old has NO idea... I LOVE that innocence!:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
09-04-2009, 01:45 AM
You guys sound like such fun parents!!! I can't wait to take my own children someday. We just found out we're pregnant not too long ago and I'm already planning its first trip.

have fun and can't wait to read your report!

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:56 AM
We too will be celebrating adoptions on our next trip in December. We can't wait.:thumbsup:

vizsla
09-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

Disneymom4ever
09-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned! And many special reasons for going as well. I can't wait to read all about it! :mickey:

reneeandmark
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I think we have figured out how we are going to "surprise" them with the news. We are leaving our house around noon and my sister about the same time. We will be about 30 minutes ahead of her. When we reach Savanna, GA, we are going to stop for dinner. We will go in first and get a table (of course with extra seats for us to spread out) and they will follow shortly after.We are just going to let the kids "run into each other" as if nothing was going on. They think we are going to see friends in SC and with their noses buried in their mp3s and videos they will know no difference. We are going to take disney dollars into the restaurant for the waitress to give them "since they behaved so well". Our hope is that the restaurant will be in on this with us and a few of the staff will come out (kind of like a birthday thing) and surprise them with the news. What do you think? Will they fall for it?

KylesMom
09-28-2009, 10:43 AM
What a wonderful way to celebrate for your whole family. I gotta tell you, the surprise would be absolutely killing me about now!

Our hope is that the restaurant will be in on this with us and a few of the staff will come out (kind of like a birthday thing) and surprise them with the news. What do you think? Will they fall for it? You know, I'd let the restaurant be "in on it", but I think YOU should be the one to let them know where they're going!

BTW, I hope all is going well with your healing process! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
What a wonderful surprise for the family. I hope you have a great time. :cloud9::mickey:

reneeandmark
10-15-2009, 07:20 PM
OK, we are ONLY 21 days out now. I am getting so excited and the kids just keep on RUBBING it in to me that there is just NO way we can do Disney again this year. My daughter, Laney, thinks it is hysterical to create her own "hidden Mickeys" out of anything and everything to tease me with.... Little does she know the joke will be on her. I AM about to DIE holding in the secret, but I KNOW it will all be worth it. We have decided NOT to tell them at the restaurant, but just to see how long it takes them to figure it out. I am honestly thinking that we can pull it on them all the way down until we are driving under the welcome sign. They have their mp3 players and DVD players all ready for that "LONG" trip to Charleston.

nicster
10-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Did you get your Disney Dollars yet? I am hearing they are hard to come by at the Disney stores these days.

reneeandmark
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM
We purchased our D$ this past summer while we were in the parks, but my sister was able to find some at a Disney Store near us about 2 months ago. I will have to remember and get some for next trip while in the parks, as this is one of the few places left to pick them up.

pink
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
How exciting, you sound like such a wonderful family. Once the kids start seeing those Disney billboards they will realize that something is up. I hope your trip goes well and congratulations to your sister on her adoptions! :mickey:

reneeandmark
10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
We are ONLY 16 days out. They still have NO clue. The suspense is KILLING me. I have still not been back to work since my surgery so I have had PLENTY of time to get things together for the trip. The mousekeeping envelopes are done, the gifts for the "excellent" CM's have been made, most everything is packed and I am ready to go!!!!. Dinner ressies all made, CS meals picked, days planned, confirmation numbers entered into cell phone... So what am I missing?? I just feel like I have forgotten something. LOL. I had to call my sis today when it was EXACTLY 16 days, 16 hours and 16 minutes. She got a kick out of that. Anyone have any last minutes tips or ideas I might need to know?? or anything I might not have thought of??? Thanks, as always, to the great folks at Intercot for ALL the info.

Mysttree
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
OK, WOW not only does it sound like a wonderful trip- but I got goosebumps reading about your amazing family!
Have a supercalifragalistic trip!!

Belster
10-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Let me first say God Bless you and your very wonderful family!! Wow...I am so happy to hear that there are still good people in the world. :mickey:

Your plan is amazing and so well thought out. I love it. Your children are so blessed to have all of you in their lives.

I just cannot wait to hear how it goes!

princessgirls
10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
What a wonderful surprise for your family!

Enjoy your trip, and I look forward to reading your reports.

Julie:mickey:

reneeandmark
10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
My countdown clock says "9 days, 1 hours and 20 minutes". I have held it together very well so far in this experience, but I am getting the itch to let the cat out of the bag. It does not help ANY that my daughter and son have this running joke about "poor Mom who wants to go to Disneyworld again this year". Of course, everytime the commercial for the 4/3 deal comes on, one of them brings me the phone so I can call and make some reservations for next year. It seems ALL the shows on Travel Channel have been about all things Disney as well. I know it will well be worth it when they fianlly realize what is going on. They still think we are heading to Charleston, SC to be with my bestest bud and her family. I have all their clothes packed and most of the other things ready to go. I called yesterday to confirm room and make my requests. I STILL feel like I am forgetting something, but I can not for the life of me figure out what it might be. Some of the things I need to pack (Magic toys, etc) will have to wait as I am home with a sick child today. The doc says it is NOT the flu, but with his fever and all gave him meds anyway. Thank goodness for my family practice. I called them at 11:10 yesterday morning and they saw Hayes at 11:30. AHHH!!! The ammenities of a small town. Laney is just finishing up an antibiotic for her ear infection so we hope she will do fine with all this new stuff. Now to keep Mom and Dad healty.

I am just so excited to say I am in single digits!!! and I had to brag about it a little. :mickey:

reneeandmark
11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!! I JUST HAD TO SCREAM ABOUT IT SINCE I HAVE HAD TO BE SO QUIET AT HOME!!! AND THEY STILL HAVE NO IDEA......

Mysttree
11-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I know you will be on your way to the most magical place on Earth by now...
Hope you have a safe journey-
Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!