PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Polly's Paintbrushes

Belster
09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone ever found these. I read about them on the hidden treasures and secrets page here on Intercot..

If you are not sure what they are, they are paintbrushes that are layed around on Tom Sawyer Island...I guess if you find one and give it to a CM you get a front of the line pass to either Splash Mountain or BTM.

Just wondering is anyone found them and got the tickets????

Mad About Mickey
09-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Last December we found several on our visit to TSI ( you only need one brush for your whole party so if you spot another one leave it for others to find). I have a great picture of DS 5 painting Aunt Polly's fence with it. We recieved a fast pass for our whole party for either SM or BTR when we turned in the brush to a CM. As if that wasn't cool enough when we got off the raft after returning to Frontierland everyone getting off the raft was greeted by a dream team and we all got dream fast passes :mickey:.

PittFan
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
My DS 10 "found" a paintbrush on our last trip, he recieved fastpasses for all 4 of us for BTMRR. Actually, a very kind CM showed him where it was because he had asked and was searching frantically. It made his day !!! :mickey:

Belster
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Yay!!! I cannot wait to look for them.

Thanks!

Von-Drake
09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
My wife found one a few years back and we got to go in the exit for BTMRR.

disneykid99
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
MY DS read Tom Sawyer of the summer and loves Tom's Island :mickey: It would be thrilling for him to find a paint brush.

Do you recommend heading over as soon as the island opens? I have read the brushes can be found under bushes. Any other tips?

joonyer
09-05-2009, 05:22 AM
If you want to maximize your chances, get to TSI for the first ferryboat to the Island (TSI usually opens at 10 am) We did just that (after finding about the paintbrushes a couple of years ago here on Intercot) and found a brush right on one of the trails. I thought they might hide them a little better.

We got a front-of-the-line-pass (not just a fastpass) at Big Thunder Mountain. A CM took us right in through the exit and we boarded the train from the exit side of the platform, they even asked us where we wanted to sit (last two rows)
Very Cool. :thumbsup::waycool:

disneydoug
09-05-2009, 09:47 AM
The last time we tried, we were told that thw brushes had been stolen and they hadn't purchased new ones yet---about 3 years ago.

Sad!

goofygirl67
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I found one once in the fort. I took a picture of it and left the brush for a kid to find it. Going by myself does have it's advantages but I didn't think I should take it when the brush would mean more to some kid and their family.