PDA

View Full Version : Annual MNSSHP thread

Greenlawler
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Every year my family makes it a priority to scehdule our vacation around the MNSSHP dates. We love the event.

-However-

For the past 7 years the party has remained the same, with only slight variations. The word on the street is no changes again this year.

All I ask is that they bring out some different special characters for the MNSSHP. Is that too much to ask for? It is a special event why not make it different than the last 6 years?

Still love the party no matter who comes out but it would be better with some new fur!

VolMickey
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I can dig it, but since we've never been and are planning to this year it'll all be new to us. Just looks like a lot of fun!

SBETigg
09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
If you go often and make it a point to go then, yes, of course you want some slight variations on the theme! I don't think it's much to ask.

haley's mom
09-02-2009, 06:30 AM
I Cannot wait until 9-4-09 to hear reports from the the first party.

We took our first trip to WDW in 2005, attended a party, spent too much time trick-or-treating, skipped many characters. We did not know how rare the 7 dwarfs were.

Plus DD was only 2.5 so we left soon after fireworks.

Looking forward to fixing our mistake of 2005!!! And hoping for someone new!

like2workout
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM
i love this time of year anticipating the first reports coming in from people who have been to the halloween parties.

Greenlawler
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Wow did you guys read about Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disneyland and CA. Man looks like they are doing some wholesale changes to improve the program.
Including a haunted version of Space Mountain.

haley's mom
09-04-2009, 06:23 AM
So tonights the night. Hope someone is going tonight and will post characters and events tomorrow!!!

badkitty
09-05-2009, 02:36 AM
I am so disappointed I will not be able to go to the party. :crying: I had to cancel my plans this year due to other obligations. I will so miss the parade and seeing Mickey/Minnie and the rest in their Halloween costumes. I hope someone posts pictures soon!

Maybe I can sneak down to Anaheim for a few days and check out the Halloween bash there... :secret:

joanna71985
09-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for mnsshp!

GrmGrninGost
09-05-2009, 12:09 PM
We'll be there next Friday! I can't wait! :mpumpkin: MNSSHP is my favorite time to be at MK! I must agree, however, I wish they would change it a little each year. Adding a new character or two couldn't be that expensive!

Suz36
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
We go to the party for the first time in mid-October, and I can't wait! For those who have been in the past, I've heard the character lines are long. Do they tend to shorten significantly after Wishes, even more so after 2nd parade?

Greenlawler
09-05-2009, 11:23 PM
We go to the party for the first time in mid-October, and I can't wait! For those who have been in the past, I've heard the character lines are long. Do they tend to shorten significantly after Wishes, even more so after 2nd parade?

It clearly depends on which character you are in line for and yes the lines thin out as the evening progresses. I have noticed that some nights the characters are more popular than others but there is little rhyme nor reason.

From our 6 years experiance longest lines will be for Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Get there early and line up before they show up.

Longer lines will also include Pooh Characters, Mickey, Minnie, Princess and Prince line at Toontown.

Other lines should not be as long, especialy over in Adventureland where we have always walked right up to the characters there.

Have fun!

joanna71985
09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I think the lines for the Villians at the Castle stay consistently long (especially for Snow Queen, Maleficent, and Cruella).

Greenlawler
09-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I think the lines for the Villians at the Castle stay consistently long (especially for Snow Queen, Maleficent, and Cruella).

Agreed, you would almost have to stay for every show to get all the villains there. They only stay out for I guess 10-15 minutes or so after each show. Frollo is an easy catch, (one reason I do not understand why they do not rotate other villains into his spot), but the others have longer lines. We have gotten three after a show before but it was the last performance on a not very crowded night. My family has gotten three at one time but that was because we split up. The best strategy is make your way to the castle steps before a show and ask the "yellow shirt" where your villain of choice will be. If they do not tell you simply wait and watch. If you cannot get in that villains line for that show simply come back knowing where that villain will be next time.

However once when we were there it rained, and the villains did a meet n greet on the other side of the castle. No one knew about it hardly. We had the villains to ourselves, including the Big Bad Wolf. They signed autographs and were very playful.

Villains0501
09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
JUst got back from WDW today, and I went to the first MNSSHP!

Character Locations (mostly):

1. Villains Mix and Mingle- completely the same
2. Captain Hook and Smee- were meeting across from their usual Adventureland location up until closing
3. Genie and Abu- meeting in their usual special event alcove in Adventureland
4. Stitch- meeting at his dance party (I think he has a new costume with six legs, but I'm not sure, so check allears.net under their Halloween section just to be sure)
5. Alice and Friends- throughout ToonTown and Wonderland trail
6. Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella- meeting in Belle's Fairytale Garden
7. Tarzan- we did not see him, but we spoke to someone who had
8. Pluto and Goofy- were at Stitch's Dance Party, and were wearing special Tommorowland costumes
9. Buzz Lightyear- was meeting in his usual location
10. Minnie and Daisy- were meeting at the Dance Party next to Ariel's Grotto

Now I can't remember where I heard this, and please DO NOT take my word for it. but I remember hearing somewhere that Snow White and the 7 dwarfs were NOT doing meets this year. I did spend about an hour in line for Pooh, which is generally where they are meeting during previous MNSSHPs, and I never saw them meeting. Again DO NOT take my word for it, but that is just what I heard from somewhere.

I think that is it! I mainly focused on those rare Villains that only come out once a millenia, so I didn't do much hunting, but I found a few! Please correct any errors you find! Hope I helped!

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Snow and the boys were there on the 4th... and the queue to see them was just incredible! WE got a photo, but did not line up to visit.

All in all, we LOVED the party. We stayed until the end, and did and saw everything we wanted to...but there did not seem to be anything "New" about the party.

Suz36
09-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the great info, Villains0501! Where is the "usual alcove" for Genie and Abu?

like2workout
09-07-2009, 11:03 AM
does anyone know if any haunted mansion characters are out near that area? thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2009, 11:11 AM
does anyone know if any haunted mansion characters are out near that area? thanks!
They sure are! Mrs. Gracey made my youngest jump a mile in the air as we were leaving HM on Friday night. We had just finished saying to him "Maybe a ghost will follow you home", and bam! There she was! Freaked him out. :D

Villains0501
09-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the great info, Villains0501! Where is the "usual alcove" for Genie and Abu?

The "usual alcove" is near Magic Carpets of Aladdin. It is not where Aladdin and Jasmine meet, but it is closer to the Castle as you are exiting Adventureland. It is easy to miss, but it is decorated with the magic carpet and other Aladdin props, so stay on the lookout!

Greenlawler
09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
The "usual alcove" is near Magic Carpets of Aladdin. It is not where Aladdin and Jasmine meet, but it is closer to the Castle as you are exiting Adventureland. It is easy to miss, but it is decorated with the magic carpet and other Aladdin props, so stay on the lookout!

Good info Villains 0501, I am sad there will be nothing new as far as characters go.

Amy276
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I would love to have a picture with Snow White and the 7 Dwarves. I have never been to MNSSHP before, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a time to get in line? Thanks.

Dsnygirl
09-09-2009, 03:06 AM
So, for anybody who was at MNSSHP a few years ago and then again recently... have they changed the end of Hallowishes??

I was there in '07, and Malificent was the end of the villians who "joined in" and her fireworks segment was SPECTACULAR, 360 degrees around the castle hub. Just amazing, as was her speaking part.

Then, I heard the following year that it was changed, and her part was omitted... but I never heard for certain if that was true.

So -- for anyone who's familiar w/ the soundtrack, etc... is Malificent still at the end, with the amazing fireworks?? I sure hope so... we'll be at WDW in 42 days, and are SO looking forward to the party. Our girls have never been, they've only heard the soundtrack, and I'm really hoping it's the same for them!! :fingers:

Greenlawler
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I honestly think they did omit the Maleficent part one year when we went, but last year I know it was there. It is definatly the coolest part of the show.

scooterca42
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
where would we find Mickey?

joanna71985
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
where would we find Mickey?

Mickey meets in Toontown (I believe near the Judge's Tent).

VolMickey
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Yep. Judges' Tent. Long lines usually, but worth the light in your child's eyes!

like2workout
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
i just read somewhere that during the halloween parties, donald is out at donald's boat, and goofy is out at goofy's barnstormer, and that a gargoyle is out in fantasyland? does anyone know if this is current information? thx.

Villains0501
09-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I own the Magic Kingdom Event Party soundtrack, and the HalloWishes track does contain Maleficent, however this year she has been cut from the theme park HalloWishes line-up! So sad!

twink61
09-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Anyone going Tuesday October 13??

VolMickey
09-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Got tickets for the 15th (Tues). Can't wait. First time at the MNSSHP. :mickey3::minnie::minnie:

joanna71985
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I got my ticket today- I'm going next Tues (the 22nd). I can't wait!

haley's mom
09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I got my ticket today- I'm going next Tues (the 22nd). I can't wait!

Please post update after the party. I am especially intersted in SW and the Villians. Thanks so very much. I love you character information Joanna.

Greenlawler
09-16-2009, 02:00 AM
I will be there on the 29th!

Dsnygirl
09-16-2009, 02:17 AM
I own the Magic Kingdom Event Party soundtrack, and the HalloWishes track does contain Maleficent, however this year she has been cut from the theme park HalloWishes line-up! So sad!
:( That makes me very sad... that portion of the fireworks is the very best. I'm hoping maybe they'll bring her back before we get there... why they would, I don't know, but still hoping... :(

Disneypixie513
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Anyone going Tuesday October 13??
I am! It'll be our first time going to MNSSHP. I'm really excited. :mickey:

joanna71985
09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Please post update after the party. I am especially intersted in SW and the Villians. Thanks so very much. I love you character information Joanna.

I sure will! I will have a report ready to go after the party. :)

jpH/keD
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
:thumbsup: I love all this character info! It is our goal to go for Halloween SOMEDAY! But for now I will have to read your posts on these!
I love Cruella and Maleficent!! Would love to see them! Intercot rocks!

wdwnomad
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I went on the September 4th. The Halloween Party is one of my favorite things. The parade had some significant changes. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't go into specific details. But there was a new float and some things were changed around. Fireworks were pretty much the same. Still a great show though.

For the characters, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves were out. We didn't want to wait for them because the line was long. Instead we made two trips over to Adventureland. We met Tarzan and Turk over there. The second time we went we meet Jane and Turk. Over in the Diamond Horseshoe you can meet Woody and Bullseye or Jessie and Bullseye.

Kim Possible
09-23-2009, 02:24 AM
I went on the September 4th. The Halloween Party is one of my favorite things. The parade had some significant changes. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't go into specific details. But there was a new float and some things were changed around. Fireworks were pretty much the same. Still a great show though.

For the characters, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves were out. We didn't want to wait for them because the line was long. Instead we made two trips over to Adventureland. We met Tarzan and Turk over there. The second time we went we meet Jane and Turk. Over in the Diamond Horseshoe you can meet Woody and Bullseye or Jessie and Bullseye.

wow tarzan, havent seen him in ages, that's a cool one to find!

joanna71985
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I went to mnsshp on Tues, and this is who I saw/met:
*Mickey (outside of Judge's Tent)
*Minnie (in the gazebo at her house)
*Cinderella/Prince Charming (HoF tent)
*Princess Aurora and Prince Philip (same)
*Alice and Mad Hatter (in Toontown, near Train Station)
*Snow White and 7 Dwarves (in Fantasyland, near Teacups)
*Tweedle Dee and Dum (Teacups)
*Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit (Teacups)
*Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye (inside the DHS in Frontierland)
*Hook and Smee (near PotC)
*Timon/Rafiki (Adventureland treat trail)
*King Louie/Baloo (same)
*Tarzan/Jane/Terk (same)
*Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Jafar, Snow Queen, Cruella, Captain Hook, Maleficent (in front of the castle after shows)

A note- Mr. Walrus is not out meeting this year, nor is Peter Pan and Wendy (and I am pretty sure none of the Aladdin characters were out).

momofaprincess
09-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Can anyone give ideas of times to find characters such as the princes/princesses, the Tremaine family, and Snow White? Also some posts say they saw Aladdin characters and some didn't...any ideas as to which it is?

wdwnomad
09-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Aladdin and Jasmine are out over in Adventureland. They switched up with Genie and Abu.

like2workout
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
i'm just got my ticket to the halloween party on 10/20 - can't wait!

joanna71985
10-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I take back what I said about the Aladdin characters- they were in a different spot then I thought they would be. So they are indeed out meeting during mnsshp.

Greenlawler
10-03-2009, 04:01 AM
I went to mnsshp on Tues, and this is who I saw/met:
*Mickey (outside of Judge's Tent)
*Minnie (in the gazebo at her house)
*Cinderella/Prince Charming (HoF tent)
*Princess Aurora and Prince Philip (same)
*Alice and Mad Hatter (in Toontown, near Train Station)
*Snow White and 7 Dwarves (in Fantasyland, near Teacups)
*Tweedle Dee and Dum (Teacups)
*Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit (Teacups)
*Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye (inside the DHS in Frontierland)
*Hook and Smee (near PotC)
*Timon/Rafiki (Adventureland treat trail)
*King Louie/Baloo (same)
*Tarzan/Jane/Terk (same)
*Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Jafar, Snow Queen, Cruella, Captain Hook, Maleficent (in front of the castle after shows)

A note- Mr. Walrus is not out meeting this year, nor is Peter Pan and Wendy (and I am pretty sure none of the Aladdin characters were out).

Yep the Aladdin characters are out. They are now just a few yards down from the other characters in Adventure Land. I cannot remember what the exact location was but it was close to where the Tarzan characters were.

Daisey and Donald and sometimes even Mickey and Minnie are in the Ariel's grotto dance party and Pluto and Goofy (I think, but I could be wrong because we skipped it) are in Tomorrowland's dance party.

RocknBev
10-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Joanna....Thanks for posting locations....we are going on Friday night :mpumpkin:and I am soooooo excited I know will not be able to sleep!:minnie:

Kathy Jetson
10-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I was just on Disneys site looking at the new blog. They showed the halloween fireworks in Disneyland is HallowWishes similar? Can someone tell me where I need to be so I don't miss anything. I don't care about being in front of the castle unless I need to be there so I don't miss anything special.:mickey:

Kathy Jetson
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Anyone??:mickey:

Greenlawler
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I was just on Disneys site looking at the new blog. They showed the halloween fireworks in Disneyland is HallowWishes similar? Can someone tell me where I need to be so I don't miss anything. I don't care about being in front of the castle unless I need to be there so I don't miss anything special.:mickey:

My guess is that they are exactly the same. We were at DL last year but they did not do the Hallowishes show, but from what I have read they sound it sounds the same. If your anywhere around the castle I would think you would be fine, but at DL there is so much more space in front of the castle I would choose to stand there.

Dsnygirl
10-13-2009, 11:18 PM
We were at MNSSHP two years ago, and the fireworks were amazing... we stood to the left side of the castle in the center hub, and found it to be perfect. The fireworks surround you at various times, so we found being right there in the middle to be just about perfect. Have fun!!

Kathy Jetson
10-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Thankyou!

RocknBev
10-14-2009, 11:30 AM
We just returned from MNSSHP and it was FABULOUS! Loved it all and it wasn't crowded so I was shocked!
We stood to the left of the castle heading toward tomorrowland and we had a great view of Hallowishes! It was very good...but the best part.....THE BOO TO YOU PARADE!!!:mpumpkin: It was so great...I saw it twice from two different view points...I thought the best viewing spot was in Frontierland near the beginning...the gravediggers put on a better show there because they don't have to worry with the trolley lines I guess. Regardless...love it!
Be sure to dress up....you have more interaction in the park than you would if you wear your same ole' Disney wear!
I can't wait to go again!!!!:mpumpkin:

Melanie
10-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey everyone! Just a gentle reminder to stay on track in our discussion of characters appearing this year at MNSSHP. :mpumpkin: