PDA

View Full Version : "Eat Around the World" Plan

kcrc
09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I see/hear so many people that enjoy "eating their way" around world showcase. With so many meals, snacks and drinks to enjoy, I think Disney should create a "World Sampler" package. You could buy a card that will allow for a drink and a snack at each country. Something that would allow the guest to save slightly or break even (kind of the way people view the dining plan).
My family always gets the dining plan. I always like knowing something is paid for in advance. If I bought a world-showcase-sampler type card, it would definitely be more enjoyable to try out foods from different countries without looking at the price tag each and every time.
What do you think? Would you be interested in something like that?

DisneyHoneymooners
09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
We do something kind of along that line. We go during the Food & Wine Festival and use our snack credits to eat our way around World Showcase. And if you go with the Deluxe Dining you get even more snack credits so you can really go all out! The only downside is that you can't use your credits for alcohol.

barbiegirl314
09-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Sign me up now!!! :thumbsup:I would love something like that. I always joke to my DH that others drink around the world but I prefer to eat my way around the world. Of course by the way I make it all the way around I feel like I did eat the world :sick:

Wrigley
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
That sounds like a great idea!:thumbsup:

jimsgal05
09-01-2009, 03:24 PM
that is a great idea ..I think you should call Disney and suggest it...:beer:

the food and wine fest is great..i have been there for that several times..but a "sample card" would be awsome...

lockedoutlogic
09-01-2009, 03:29 PM
That plan sounds BG...

Beyond Glutonous....

the drink around the world thing is bad enough....but this one might be a little too much

Belster
09-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Sign me up....I LOVE to try new things!!!

DisneyFr33k
09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
We do something kind of along that line. We go during the Food & Wine Festival and use our snack credits to eat our way around World Showcase. And if you go with the Deluxe Dining you get even more snack credits so you can really go all out! The only downside is that you can't use your credits for alcohol.

:ditto: The past 3 fall's we've traveled there, we've used our snack credits for our lunch. By the time we all use them up, we've saved a counter service we could use for breakfast!

MonoMan
09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
In February we did the World Showcase Wine Walk - it was $20 and included six 2oz wine samples - two in Germany, two in Italy and two in France. They gave us a card and each located stamped. I'm hoping that they expand the concept in the future to include more countries.