PDA

View Full Version : POFQ - JUST GOT BACK....review

EmmMOM2
09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Just got back from our first stay at POFQ as we usually stay at AKL.
Our first night my DH & I didn't get any sleep as the door in our room that connected to another room next to us was NOT sound proofed at all. (sigh) the group of people in the room next to us had teenagers and were noisy until midnight. It sounded like they were standing right outside the door the whole time. I have heard the toilet flushing is loud for some people but those didnt bother us.
Anyhow, we asked to move to a corner room (as the corner rooms do NOT have an adjoining door with any other rooms)
After we moved we had no more problems.
Boat to DTD was great as were the captains that drive them for you, very knowledgeable and cheery.
Mousekeeping was great as well, though we didn't use it much we got towel animals ( that she dropped off to us since we hadn't been using the housekeeping as my DD naps during the hours they clean.. which we thought was very thoughful of her) and enjoyed chatting with our housekeeper (bernice) who was wonderful.
My only complaint aside from our first room is the buses.
We stayed from Aug 21st to the 31st and while the parks weren't REAL busy...the buses were.
We rarely encountered a bus that wasn't VERY full. We have never had that problem at AKL and we always go the same time of year.
Though FQ is picked up and dropped off first which is a good thing. If you catch a bus anytime after 10am it seems they also stop and pickup at 4 stops within riverside which makes the trip much longer....
My 5 year old LOVED the dragon slide pool so that was a plus. The counter service there served all of our needs and it was decent food.
The grounds were beautiful and the staff was very friendly.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at POFQ however due to the fact that you can NEVER guarantee to get a "corner" room without that common door and the extra bus stops POFQ makes we will most likely keep AKL as our home resort.
But we are glad we tried something new and overall i give it a thumbs up!!

Ms. Mode
09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
We stayed at AKL last year after being POP the other visits, we noticed that we pretty much had every bus ride to ourselves from AKL. I wonder why, you know people are going to the parks from there. Anyway, it kinda spoiled us :thumbsup:

DisneyGlutton
09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
FYI, not every non-corner room at POFQ has adjoining rooms. I don't want you to think its like a minefield of noise there. I've never had a corner room, but also have never had an adjoining room. However, I do agree that you are out of luck with you get one at whatever hotel and have noisy neighbors--glad you could move!

Tinkerfreak
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
We are also AKL lovers and tried the POFQ last year. We liked the resort itself but did not find it as relaxing and quiet as the AKL. We missed Mara, queen sized beds and definately the bus rides. Lots of people think AKL is so far out that they will not like the busses but we have had the best bus service there. It actually took us longer to get to DHS and AK from Poly, WL and BC. We love the fact that you don't share busses with any other resort. At the POFQ we found the wait time for the bus long and also full every time even though the parks were not that full. We ended up moving over to the AKL after 2 nights and immediately just felt like we were home.

Tinkerbella16
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
POFQ is my favorite resort! Glad you had a nice time.

We had a corner room last trip without the adjoining door, but I don't think anyone was in the room next to us anyway. We go in november when its slow so ur stay was nice and quiet. And even going during a slow time we never had to share a bus with POR the whole week we were there.

When we stayed at POR two years ago we had two adjoining rooms and one was a corner room, so I don't think all corner rooms are without a joining door. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry you didn't have a great time at POFQ, we love the resort and for us, it is Disney home! (that is even how it is programmed into our GPS)

I do agree that noise from adjoining rooms can be a challenge in any hotel, and although we had a corner room at FQ, we had a connecting door and we could hear a bit through it, but our neighbours were fairly quiet so it wasn't a big problem.

Granny Jill A
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM
POFQ is one of my all-time favorite resorts, although it is now out of my price range.

Since you have stayed at a deluxe and enjoyed it very much, I'm not surprised your stay at POFQ was less than wonderful.

AKL is a wonderful resort so you should be happy to return home :D.

LudwigVonDrake
09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
POFQ is one of my favorite resorts.

Mousemates
09-05-2009, 11:55 AM
you can't go wrong with the AKL.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I loved POFQ. It's a nice small resort and very easy to get around.
I always take ear plugs with me as I'm a light sleeper and found that this helps quite a bit.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-07-2009, 09:03 PM
As you can see from my signature box below, we have stayed at POFQ a few times. I would agree that a Deluxe hotel should have better bus serve (but is it worth the extra price)? Some would say "Yes" / others "No".

As for the loud neighbors, I would agree that a Moderate resort is likely better than a Value resort and a Deluxe resort is likely better than the Moderate resort.

At nearly twice the price, the Deluxe resorts should be quite a bit better. It just depends on each individual family's financial position and how these items are valued.

I really enjoy POFQ (but would love to stay at a Deluxe resort).

coneygoil
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I've stayed at PO Riverside about 9 times, and thinks it's a little better than POFQ. It's better getting picked up last by the bus and when coming back, you get to sit longer. The buses are usually busy. We've had to stand so many times, but that also happens at Pop, which we've stayed at the past few times.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the review, we haven't stayed at POFQ in several years, but I always loved the fact that the walk to the main bldg was short. We loved the pool and the boat ride to DTD as well.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
thanks for the info

faline
09-11-2009, 04:55 PM
We were at the same resort for part of the time you were there! Wonder if we passed each other?

It was our first stay there as well. We found the resort to be quite charming and enjoyed it very much!