PDA

View Full Version : My Monday Afternoon DVC Fix

Maleficent's Dad
09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
My family & I drove about 35 minutes out to Long Island yesterday afternoon; DVC was holding one of their "sales pitch" seminars in Garden City.

DW & I were not sure what to expect - we told the kids that we were going to see Mickey & Minnie...

It was great. :mickey:
Disney knows how to do things right, I'll tell you that much.

Miss Dee Vee Cee (See?) - the REAL lady from Welcome Home Wednesdays was there as part of the show.
In a nutshell, there was an elaborate 1 hour, 20 minute "show" which highlighted DVC properties (current and those upcoming) as well as some "news" on Disney in general (like the new rides at DCA, Hong Kong, etc.). They also highlighted the new DVC store opening in a Long Island Mall.
After the "show" which ended as a sales' pitch, there was a great dance party for all families - complete with snacks, drinks (think Welcome Home Wednesdays sans Cracker Jacks), and dancing.
Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, & Goofy were all there - and it was not a mob scene, so that made it all the more fun. All characters except Mickey danced on the dance floor - and my kids had plenty of opportunity to dance with them all.

It was a great way to spend a Monday afternoon - getting a good solid dose of Disney, while being a mere 35 minutes from home! :mickey:

Would definitely attend more of these if DVC offered them. Unfortunately for me, DW wouldn't go for adding on more points... yet! ;)

diz_girl
09-01-2009, 11:42 AM
I went too, but on Sunday afternoon. I wanted to bring my DS2, but it didn't quite work out, so I was there alone. I didn't tell him about it, so there was nothing to be disappointed about. It was nice to see the kids having fun with Mickey and the gang.