PDA

View Full Version : Another Question About Abc Christmas Parade Taping At MK

DisneyPrincess21
09-01-2009, 01:18 AM
I was wondering on the days they film the parade, how long does the taping run from?
What are the crowd levels like after they are done taping the parade that day?
What area's are restricted to guest unless you are staying for the parade taping (like where on main street can you go or not go) we are planning on not staying for the parade taping itself since people have said you have to stay in one spot all day.

So we wanted to know how much access would we have to MK park the day of parade taping if we aren't planning on watching the taping. Since we don't have park hopper on our tickets, we have to plan this out for sure ahead of time, since we won't be able to switch parks if we didn't plan something right.

RockinRollerMom
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I would not plan on MK that day if I were you. The taping starts early (close to park opening time) It ends sometime in the early afternoon. Once it ends, everyone who was there for the taping will enter the park. We went later in the day last year and it was totally mobbed. For the fireworks people were packed into main street like sardines. It was the most crowded I have ever seen. If you had a hopper pass and were only planning on being at MK in the am, I would say maybe. It's just not worth it mid afternoon until closing.
Do yourself a favor and visit MK on another day.

TheRustyScupper
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I was wondering on the days they film the parade, how long does the taping run from?
. . . all day long
. . . parade taping starts before the park opens
. . . there are special tickets issued so people can attend
. . . based upon technicalities, can last to 5:00-6:00pm

What are the crowd levels like after they are done taping the parade that day?
. . . the parade is taped in segments
. . . it can be just one or two floats at a time
. . . once taping is done, crowd load isn't too bad

What area's are restricted to guest unless you are staying for the parade taping
. . . there are no restrictions
. . . but, without a ticket, don't expect to stand close to the curb

Since we don't have park hopper on our tickets, we have to plan this out for sure ahead of time, since we won't be able to switch parks if we didn't plan something right.
. . . no problem for MK during taping days
. . . other than Main Street, the park isn't too bad
. . . but, getting up and down Main Street is a pain during taping

thesplashmountaineer
09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
When is the taping exactly?

renecat
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
When is the taping exactly?
Last year it was Saturday the 6th of Dec. I'd guess maybe the 5th this year but don't know for sure. We were there last year and it was a hard to get down mainstreet to go to any of the
rides and the park was packed. We didn't ever see any of the parade.