PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Disney toys

BIGDOG
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
As you can see by my name I am a toy collector of all kinds. I have been collectiong old toys now for over 25 yrs. I of course have a,, how can I say large Disney collection. Too big for my house is kept in 20 to 30 totes in the garage with other various toy collections. I have been of late advertising on other widley seen places BUYING TOYS ad's. I put in my ads I buy Disney items old and new including park souveniers and so on. I never thought the response would be so over welming. I would have to say due to the economy people are selling off lots of stuff. I get calls and emails 3 to 10 times a day selling somthing 50% are for disney collections. I have so many snow globes I do not know what I can do I MIGHT HAVE TO FIGURE A WAY TO HEAT MY GARAGE so they do not freeze this winter. So my question is do I keep buying this wide in pouring of Disney stuff or should I start passing it? I have been getting alot of older 40's and 50's stuff also?

gerald72
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
What good is it doing you if it is just sitting in boxes in the garage, at the risk of getting damaged?

TheVBs
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
In terms of adding to a collection, now is a good time to buy. But, you may want to think about how much you're really enjoying your collection if most of it isn't displayed.

I had several different kinds of collections, most of which were packed away. I'm clearing them all out. If it's not displayed and I'm not enjoying it, there's no point in having it take up space. Space is a big problem for us, we have a little house.

But, you could also buy now while things are going for less and consider reselling them for more later when the economy improves. Obviously there's no kind of guarantee when it comes to the worth of collectibles, but it's a possibility.

BIGDOG
09-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh I do have many many toys on display. I have a finished basement approx 60' by 36' that is nothing but wall to wall toys and collectables. Every spot on walls is full of movie posters and cells from various movies and shows. I have built in shelving units with mirror backing and light for most of the older items. In the middle is a customized salt water fish tank/Pool table and Patriots bar and wide screen in corner. The new stuff that has been picked up lately has been sitting in totes. I am just afraid of value never increasing on the recent buys. My question is " Is this a good investment for the future" ?