PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Epcot?

disneykid@hrt
08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm trying to find a fun place to eat dinner in Epcot for:

DH: Picky- Eater:sick:
DD1: Food Thrower:fit:
Dgma: Loves her Chardonnay:wine:
And me: Not Picky, Food usually ends up in my mouth, not a big drinker, & happy as long as I'm in DW:mickey:

So... I've heard there is someplace where if I get the right time we can watch Illuminations from a balcony?? Uk maybe? We usually watch from Mexico, and I don't know if this place is too fancy? Plus I was thinking about eating earlier that night.

DH eats burgers and such. And as I noted earlier, DD1 has been known to cause a scene. DD loves sea life so I thought about the Coral Reef place, but DH doesn't do seafood. Plus I remember it being quiet in there?

I also would appreciate some type of distraction... DH & DGma don't always have the best conversations:secret: And the night I'm planning for is far enough into the trip where the "honeymoon will be over" if ya know what I mean.

So as you can see I need some guidance... and somewhat quickly... I'm only 40 days out and don't want to miss out! Thanks!

green ranger
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
The first restaurant I thought of when reading your post was Coral Reef. Does your DH like steak? That's actually what I ate when we ate there because I'm not a big seafood person either. They also have chicken dishes. Our kids 3 and 4 at the time, loved watching the fish and it kept them so occupied. It was a very enjoyable meal.

deedeebee
08-31-2009, 06:46 PM
I would say Coral Reef too! My DH is not a fish eater at all and always wants to go back here. My three kids love this place, it is not as quiet as it used to be:secret:

BriarRose0708
08-31-2009, 06:54 PM
I would "third" that Coral Reef suggestion! I went with my best friend who doesn't like seafood. She got the steak and loved it. She said that it was her favorite meal of the trip. The tank is nice and distracting as well, and no matter where you sit in the restaurant you get a great view!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll also vote for Coral Reef. I hate seafood, but had an amazing pork chop there!

We personally LOVE the Rose & Crown in the UK pavillion, love watching the fireworks, but we find the whole evening is taken up with dinner and the :fworks:, so it might not be a great choice. It is casual though, and DH LOVES the beer selection :thumbsup:

disneykid@hrt
08-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Well bad news... The Coral Reef is all booked except for 2:55 on an afternoon after we have a character breakfast that morning at Tusker House! All they have left are Germany, Rose & Crown, and the Princess Dinner.

I'll try a few more times before we go:( . I knew I waited too long, darn it. It was sort of a "do I have enough stuff planned" thing. I'll live... Maybe.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input though!

SBETigg
08-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Coral Reef is really one of the last places I would pick, just not good for me. Our dinner there was three hours long. The appeal of the fish wore off fast and my kids were tired and bored, plus we had some service issues and overpriced, not great food.

The Rose & Crown has the patio with Illuminations view, but the view is not guaranteed and very popular at that time of night. You might actually try the Biergarten, just go early and be done in time to choose a spot for Illuminations later. It's a buffet, so plenty of choices for everyone. They have some nice wine choices, and beer and other things, and it's great for the kids. There's an oompah band and kids of all ages get up and dance along and you can easily walk around with little ones who need some extra attention. The atmosphere is like a Bavarian village at night, really quaint and charming.

badkitty
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I second Germany. Lots of food choices and distractions. Plus the seating is "family" style so you may be seated with other parties for conversation. :secret:

Cinderelley
09-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Have you considered just picking up burgers at the Liberty Inn? It looks like you'll be there during the Food & Wine Festival. Maybe you guys could just pick up a few things "around the world". I'm sure there will be a Chardonnay around there somewhere. Eating on the go may avoid the "conversation".

BugeyedMuggy
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
I say Teppan Edo. They throw the food at you (open wide) so your DD1 will feel right at home.:laughing: