PDA

View Full Version : Magical Jouneys and Park Ticket Question

Goofy4TheWorld
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I am the information officer for a June 2010 trip with four separate reservations of family members going at the same time as me. The family has a question which has stumped me.

I have booked a room-only reservation with MJ, but no tickets for now. How does buying tickets through MJ work? Denise at MJ said to wait and buy them closer to time, and that they could arrange to have them placed on my room card. I guess that means I will have to pay for them up-front in full several weeks prior to my arrival?

What I more particularly need to know is for some others in my group. At least one reservation does not want to pay for tickets until check-in, because they may have a grandchild chicken-out on them at the last minute and not go. Is it possible to use MJ to buy tickets (and thus allow MJ to get the commission) without having to pay for them prior to check-in? Does anyone have any experience buying tickets via MJ versus getting them at check-in even though you booked a room-only through MJ?

BMan62
08-31-2009, 12:12 PM
If there should be any discounts that required a 'package' setup, you would need to add tickets to your reservation. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter where or when you get your tickets. (Just use authorized ticket agents! Sticking with MJ would be advisable in that they would have all your information available if you need it.)

Note that if you DO get a package deal, everyone on the reservation will need the same package configuration - room, MYW ticket, DDP, etc.

lighteningqueen
08-31-2009, 01:43 PM
If you keep the ressie for ROOM OMLY then you can buy the tickets at the check in desk that day.IF you have a package then it will charge each one in your party a ONE day ticket for the package and you can add on DDP. Nut you do not have to pay for the whole time you are there until you get there for park tickets only. You will however if on a Plan have to pay for the room 1 day of tickets in full 45 days prior to your arrival. We always pay for the balance of the tickets when we check in. Also, when paying for the one day on the plan when you get there and add more days they adjust the price of all the weeks worth of tickets and make them the rate that says on the Disney world site.
Example only not real price
8 days 300.00 per person 40 per day at that point

Then they adjust the first day ticket so all your days are 40.00 each day. Hope this makes sense. I have done this the past 2 years so I know how that one works. If all your people are on the reservation name list then ALL will have to pay for one day park tickets no matter what so the most she could loose is One day per person, but you also have a 5 day prior for canceling I think someone correct me on this to get some of the money back or cancel a person.
-