PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas : Standard vs. Preferred

Disney_Barbie
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
I was having trouble finding info on this. Can anyone help me understand the difference between the Standard vs. the Preferred Studios @ the Boardwalk?
Are the actual rooms any different (different size, corner rooms, ect?) Or are they just preferred locations? And if so, what is considered a preferred location? Does it have to do w/ a view or w/ proximity to the pool/lobby/transportation/ect.
What sort of views do the different rooms have?
I've never been in the rooms, so I'm only basing this on what I see from walking the boardwalk, but I think the best rooms would be the ones looking over the boardwalk in the blue building that says "Crest O' The Wave" or in the rooms above the resturants and such facing out @ the boardwalk - are those all preferred rooms???

Maleficent's Dad
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Standard rooms face the driveway coming up to the resort.

Preferred face waterways or pools.

Boardwalk rooms face the Boardwalk.

lockedoutlogic
09-01-2009, 03:28 PM
stayed in a standard right next to the lobby in April...

It was great....save the points

Maleficent's Dad
09-01-2009, 08:30 PM
stayed in a standard right next to the lobby in April...

It was great....save the points
One of the best 1BR's I've ever stayed in was a "standard view" at the BWV. Larger room than most, great view...
It was along one of the "curves" that the building makes towards the end.

I agree - views don't always make the vacation (although, sometimes they are important). Many standard view rooms give a (minor) view of (the top fireworks of) Illuminations.

:mickey:

Jeffybob
09-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I have owned at BWV for over 10 years and stayed in all three room types. As previously noted, the Standard rooms tend to be to the front, with a view of the driveway, and parking lot. Since that is the case they tend to have the longer walks.

As for the preferred views, as noted those have water or pool views. While pool view rooms can be noisy during the day, they are pretty quiet at night. One of the best rooms we have had was a one bedroom overlooking the quiet pool near the community hall. We had the pool all to ourselves at night and it was easy to get to via the stairwells at the end of the hall.

Our favorite rooms (and views) are overlooking the Boardwalk. Although they can be a noisy during the early evening you have a great view of Crescent Lake, and from some rooms, the EPCOT sphere.

As so many have said, in many posts, you can not beat the resorts around Crescent Lake. :mickey:

florida girl
09-08-2009, 08:17 AM
We just returned from a 1BR Standard View room at Boardwalk. We were about halfway down from the elevator towards the parking lot on the 3rd floor. We have young kids so I was afraid the Boardwalk view would be too noisy in the evening hours and I was pleasantly surprised with the view from our room. We could see the Epcot fireworks very well MUCH better than you can see them from standing on the boardwalk. I would also recommend saving the points for another trip this year and take the Standard View!