PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten

Ms. Mode
08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
We are thinking about adding Biergarten to our list of must do's but I'm having trouble finding a menu. Has anyone eaten there recently? Can you tell me some of what they offer and if it's any good...please :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
We love Biergarten! The food is good, the atmosphere is really neat, the show is a hoot and we've enjoyed it both times and will go back for sure!

Here is a sample menu:

Cold Buffet Items
Gemischter Salat (Mixed Green Salad)
Tarragon-Mustard - Dressing
Krauter Dressing
Creamy Herb Dressing
Bayrischer Kraut Salat (Bavarian Cabbage Salad)
Gurken Salat (Cucumber-Dill Salad)
Rote Beete Salat (Pickled Red Beet Salad)
Nudel Salat (Macaroni Salad)
Bohnen Salat (Assorted Bean Salad)
Bayrischer Wurst Salat (Bavarian Sausage Salad)
Tomaten Salat mit Basilikum (Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil)
Kartoffel Salat (Warm German Potato Salad)
Wurst Platte mit Schinkenwurst, Landjager, und Bologna (Sausage Selection with sliced Ham Bologna, Landjager and Ring Bologna)
Senfgurken (Mustard Pickles)
Sulze mit Remouladen (Head Cheese with Sauce Remoulade)
Berliner Bouletten (Cold Meat Patties)

Hot Items:
Gegrilltes Brat Huhn mit Rosmary und Thymian (Rotisserie Chicken flavored with Rosemary and Thyme)
Eissbein-Gratin mit Gebackenen Zwiebeln (Pork Shank-Gratin with Fried Onions)
Gebratene Kartoffeln mit frischen Krautern (Roasted Potatoes with fresh Herbs)
Hausgemachte Spaetzle (Homemade Spaetzle)
Wurst Platte mit Gegrillter Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger und Kassler Ripchen
(Sausage Platter with Grilled Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger and Double-smoked Pork on Sauerkraut)
Frikadellen (Meat Patties in a red wine Sauce)
Weisswurst mit Senf und Pretzel Brautchen (Munich's famous white veal Sausages with Sweet Mustard and Pretzel Rolls)
Schwaebische Kaese Spaetzle mit glacierten Zwiebeln (Cheese Spatzle with glazed Onions)
Schnitzel Wiener Art (Breaded Pork Schnitzel Vienna Style)
Hausgemachtes Apfel Rotkohl
Braised Red Cabbage
Lachs Filet in Zitronen-Dill- Sahne Sauce (Salmon filet with a Lemon Dill Cream sauce Bremerhaven Style)
Glazed Carrots with Chives
Mini Frankfurters Sausages
Macaroni and Cheese
Crisp Pork Roast carved to order served with German Mustard, Apple Sauce and Apricot Compote
Freshly baked Veal Loaf carved to order with Bavarian Potato Salad

Dessert:
Florentiner Cookies
Blackforest Cake
Bavarian Cheese Cake
Fresh Fruit Salad
Vanilla Pudding with Chocolate Chips
Rote Gruetze with Vanilla Sauce
Freshly Baked Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce

Dragongirlx
08-31-2009, 11:09 AM
I haven't eaten ther yet but will be eating there in about a week.

Its a buffet with a seclection of German foods.

If you look in here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/biergarten.asp)
You can find a idea of whats on offer

jenny1976
08-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Try the Scnitzel, DELISH!!!! It is a great place, hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!!!:cloud9:

seanyred
08-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Pretzel Rolls Is all I have to say...The food is excelent here. I have found some of the best German dishes here. I'll be going back there in November cant wait....:mickey:

Ms. Mode
08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks, I think we'll give it a try
:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
08-31-2009, 10:06 PM
We ate there on Christmas day last year. It was great. I will warn you though, the beer there is real german beer not normal import beer. This means it has a higher alcohol content then beer you may be used to. We all had a large mug with our dinner and were singing with the Ompa band by the end of dinner. :thedolls:

Greenlawler
09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
We ate there on Christmas day last year. It was great. I will warn you though, the beer there is real german beer not normal import beer. This means it has a higher alcohol content then beer you may be used to. We all had a large mug with our dinner and were singing with the Ompa band by the end of dinner. :thedolls:

Just what I wanted to hear ;) Going for the first time next month.

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing...:D

Ein prosit..ein prosit...:beer:

AmandaChan
09-04-2009, 01:35 AM
We LOVED our experience at Biergarten. A bit of advice -- ask about show times for the band and schedule your ADR about 10 minutes before show time. It worked out perfect for us, by the time we sat down the show started.

and the lighter beer is delicious. I forget what it's called.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-04-2009, 09:23 AM
We thought the food good and the atmosphere really neat...have fun:mickey:

maxrebo77
09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Saufen und Spiel:beer:

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Our Ratings of Biergarten:

. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A (buffet)
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . characters: n/a
. . . entertainment: B

NOTE: Seating is on long beer-hall tables , so other families may be seated with you.

IamBelle
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
We went for the first time this last trip and loved the different food. The pretzel rolls are delicious, as well as the potato leek soup, the spatzel, the pot roast, the potatoes, the bavarian cheesecake, the pudding, the berry dessert in the cup (i can't remember the name), I could go on and on...oh, the band was very entertaining as well.