PDA

View Full Version : Buggy @ Poly

baldburke
08-31-2009, 09:31 AM
My wife tells me she's read that because of the layout / vegetation at Poly that it tends to be buggy and we should take some bug spray if we are planning to spend an extended period of time at the resort.

Does anyone know this to be true? Especially anyone that's been there recently? I realize it is Florida and that they have bug the size of small dogs. Plus we've stayed at other well covered areas, specifically PORS, but I don't recall any significant issues.

Thanks!

deedeebee
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
We stayed for eight nights and had no bug problems, and yes we did spend lots of time at the resort:thumbsup: We usually stay at POR, never had any problems there either. We did bring bug spray, didn't need it. Have fun:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
The quick answer is no, it is not buggy. It has great plantings but they are gardens not tropical rain forests. We have been there for 19 years and never needed bug spray. It is a manicured hotel grounds, very well maintained and very beautiful. Leave the bug spray at home.

Disney Doll
08-31-2009, 11:19 AM
September is love bug season, but that doesn't have anything to do specifically with Poly.

baldburke
08-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!

gaffz70
09-01-2009, 08:33 AM
We just returned from there a week ago. I did not think it was buggy...except for at night when we were watching wishes from the beach...some of us got bitten more than others...nothing I would get repellent for.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
We just came back from a week there. We weren't bothered by bugs anywhere except sitting on the docks to watch Wishes and the Electrical Light Parade. I got eaten up by mosquitos but they didn't bother DH. I sprayed bug spray the second time and was fine. By the way, I thought watching from the dock was much nicer. They have benches you can sit on. Disney sprays every night with natural products, no poisons and it seems to take care of the bug problems. Plus there are plenty of bunnies and ducks around to eat bugs. We saw the ducks swimming in the pool with people one morning. So funny!

Wayne
09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
In 30+ years of visiting WDW and staying just about everywhere, I can tell you that with only one exception we have never had a problem with bugs. The one exception was a palmetto "bug" in the bathroom back about '84 - about the size of a small dog.