PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide - HHEELLPP !!

handyandy
08-31-2009, 07:30 AM
:confused:

Am planning on coming to the mouse next June and can't decide between CBR and POFQ. Can you help with the pros' / con's ? Bus, food cort, rooms, etc. Half of us like one, half of us like the other. Help us decide please :)

Thanks!

Seasonscraps
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
I prefer PORFQ. I like that it's smaller, shares ammenities with POR, the festive decor and proximity to DTD that you can get to by boat.

I found CBR to be too big and spread out to really enjoy my stay there but the room was really spacious.

BelleKP
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM
I prefer PORFQ. I like that it's smaller, shares ammenities with POR, the festive decor and proximity to DTD that you can get to by boat.

I found CBR to be too big and spread out to really enjoy my stay there but the room was really spacious.

:ditto: for all the reasons mentioned above (and the beignets!), POFQ is our moderate choice every time!

renecat
08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
POFQ for me also. Have stayed at both. LIke the decor at POFQ best.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-31-2009, 10:19 PM
CBR--hands down. One of my absolute favorites, especially in the summertime. So tropical, picturesque, and peaceful. Buses are no problem cause they make so many stops. We waited forever for them at POR.
Love CBR's food court as well.

Carolanne
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM

:ditto: for all the reasons mentioned above (and the beignets!), POFQ is our moderate choice every time!

POFQ for me also. Have stayed at both. LIke the decor at POFQ best.
:ditto:, :ditto:, and :ditto:

I've stayed at both. I like CBR but prefer POFQ (POFQ is my fave mod). CBR is very pretty, but it feels too big & seems too spread out--not a place I feel like navigating at the end of the day.

Wrigley
09-01-2009, 02:12 PM
CBR hands down for us! We love the theme and feel of the resort-very tropical. We also love Old Port Royale-which has the food court, store, and arcade. We have not been since they opened the new pool, but that looks really nice as well. We will be visiting in October-and can't wait! We have stayed at CBR many, many times and are looking forward to many more:)

lockedoutlogic
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
:confused:

Am planning on coming to the mouse next June and can't decide between CBR and POFQ. Can you help with the pros' / con's ? Bus, food cort, rooms, etc. Half of us like one, half of us like the other. Help us decide please :)

Thanks!

coronado or riverside.....which i like the best...

I know....i'm difficult:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
POFQ is my favorite resort I've stayed in yet, and i've been to all the mods and values.

The size is perfect, the grounds are lovely, the boat to DTD is just wonderful, the rooms were nice and clean with terrific mousekeeping staff.. I can go on and on about FQ!!

:mickey:

MuchLovedMama
09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I've only stayed at CBR & it was back in 2000 but we agreed to never stay there again. We thought it was pretty run down & way too spread out. It's pretty bad when you need to take a bus up to the food court.

Although I've not stayed at PO I would certainly give it a try.

We stayed at POP last year & LOVED it. If they ever tried to upgrade us to CBR I'd have to tell them Thanks but No Thanks!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Another POFQ fan here!

We love the theming, the small size of the resort with a single bus stop, the boat to DTD, the neat theming of the pool, and the beignets.

Since FQ is fairly small, I've never found the pool, food court or even the laundry room to be busy, which is a huge bonus!

When we were at FQ last time, they rarely shared busses with POR, which was nice, but it doesn't really matter since FQ is picked up first on the way to the park (so you get a seat) and dropped off first (shorter ride home).

artyboy
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I think that it depends on where you live.

We live in Key West, so going to a tropical themed resort didn't do it for us...the theme felt like home, and we didn't get the magic when we stayed at CBR.

POFQ (or POR) is so different from where we live...it made us relax, and it just seemed to have more magic to it...for us.

mousetrapper
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Another vote for CBR! I've never stayed at POR so I can't compare the two, but I can tell you why I love CBR.

It is laid out so beautifully. The landscaping is gorgeous. I prefer beachy themes and tropical flora and fauna (which is why I love Poly and Beach Club too).

We always request and stay at Jamaica, which is one reason I think I never feel too far from anything. Old Port Royale is about a five minute (or less) walk and it's a lovely, scenic walk.

The rooms are spacious and always very clean. I've never felt like the resort is rundown at all.

Staying at Jamaica also provides close proximity to the bus stop.

I also like to stay on the first floor, so it's easy to walk in and out of our room.

Finally, the resort is so peaceful. I think because it is spread out a bit it may be more quiet than other resorts.

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 04:14 AM
We've stayed at both and like them both. We prefer POFQ because it is more manageable and not as spread out. Also the boat to DTD is a bonus and you are also a short walk or boat ride to POR. Only busses at CBR and the resort is massive with long walks from some of the bldgs. Our kids love the pool at POFQ.:thumbsup:

SnowWSue
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi--We've stayed at both CBR and POFQ and I'd stay at either of them again. I had no issues at either of them. CBR is a lot bigger, but is manageable. CBR has more pools so you can find one that's not crowded. You also have the marina right on site. At POFQ, you don't have a long walk to get anywhere. You have the boat to DTD and Riverside. You can use the Riverside pool and the marina but you have to walk or take the boat over.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

GoldenDreams
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
We love POFQ and usually stay there. It is very relaxing and quiet. I love that it is smaller. Since we've stayed there several times, it feels like "home" to me.

However, I like the beach at CBR. Particularly at night, we liked to get a drink and then sit in the hammocks and let the kids play in the sand.

The rooms are identical.