PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe & New England

jenperich
08-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Has anyone out there from New England eaten at Cape May? If so, would we wasting our time eating at a Disney clambake when we could get a good one at home? We're still trying to come up with an ADR for the night we get there. Thanks for your help!

lovewalt
08-31-2009, 04:17 AM
I have.The farm raised clams are very small and uniform in size which looked very strange to us.They didn't really have "bellies" and I found them to be quite tasteless.However,I found plenty of other offerings on the buffet that I enjoyed.And the desserts were excellent.So I wasn't dissapointed.
If you really love steamed clams and are going just for that reason I would skip it.Otherwise go and enjoy a good buffet in a beautiful setting.

bruin1344
08-31-2009, 01:17 PM
I have.The farm raised clams are very small and uniform in size which looked very strange to us.They didn't really have "bellies" and I found them to be quite tasteless.However,I found plenty of other offerings on the buffet that I enjoyed.And the desserts were excellent.So I wasn't dissapointed.
If you really love steamed clams and are going just for that reason I would skip it.Otherwise go and enjoy a good buffet in a beautiful setting.

I agree about the clams. Other than the clams, it is my favorite buffet in Disney.

prttynpnk
08-31-2009, 02:25 PM
If you sort of detach yourself from clam bake notions and think of it as a varied bufet, you will enjoy. We like it quite a bit, clams aside.

TheRustyScupper
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
1) Some once said, "Think of it as a buffet with clams, not a clam bake".
2) I think this is a fair judgment.
3) As a buffet, it ranks as one of, if not the best, buffet that WDW owns. *

* The buffet at Garden Grove Buffet at the Swan is probably the best buffet at WDW, but not Disney-owned. On scheduled days, they also have crab legs and clams on the buffet.
. . . Sun/Tue/Thu, Mediterranean theme
. . . Mon/Fri, Fisherman themed
. . . Wed/Sat, Southern BBQ themed

Hull-onian
08-31-2009, 06:31 PM
It is not what you are used to, for sure. On our first night at Disney, this is where we dine. We love the buffet, there are so many choices. The flan desert is the best I have ever had. You will not leave there hungry or disappointed.:thumbsup:

RockinRollerMom
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Not only do I live in New England, but I live very close to Essex MA which some consider the clam capitol of the US. We love Cape May and it is a must do on every trip. (Sometimes more than once) As others have said, the clams aren't New England clams but we find them tasty. All of the other offering are above par IMHO. The salad bar is great with many options and the ribs are delish too. If you do go make sure you try the oreo bon bons for dessert. They are awesome!! We will be eating there in less than 2 weeks. I can't wait!

prttynpnk
09-01-2009, 10:18 AM
The flan desert is the best I have ever had. :thumbsup:

The flan is quite good- I heartily agree!

poeticeclipse
09-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Cape May Cafe is a NEVER missed restaurant on our list! We are from Michigan so I really am not a good judge of what "great" seafood is but I can tell you that we are totally obsessed. I, personally, don't find the clams to be terribly wonderful but I can eat them. I really like the oysters at Cape May though! The clam chowder is to die for and like everyone else said... dessert is the highlight!