PDA

View Full Version : The New PLan

julyjewel
08-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, we were originally going to stay at the Contemporary from Dec. 13-20. Today we just downgraded POR anfdadded a couple days...Dec. 11-20. I really wanted to stay at the Contemporary but my husband was worried about it being too tight of a vacation.

We did get in on the Free dining...we have never tried it before. Since we chose to stay a couple extra days, Disney gave Freed Dining for the entire trip.

I'm tring to figure out my ADR's but Dec. hours aren't posted yet. We also want to go to the Mickey Christmas Party, I think we were planning on the 18th, I think it is the last day for it.

We were supposed to do this trip last year but rescheduled everything for this year. Eventhough it was paid for, we decided to add the kids to our trip too. It was supposed to be our anniv. trip but my husband wanted the kids to go.

#1donaldfan
08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
....congrats on going to POR....if you've not been there, then your going to be greatly surprised......that resort is wonderful...we've found the contemporary to be a bit "hotelish", granted it is the WDW flagship resort and it's due it's praise, it's just not for us....

:mickey:

mdhiggin
08-31-2009, 01:23 PM
We stayed in Contemporary this last June, and it was neat, but we're back to POR this weekend. We have five, and POR is our best option, pricewise, and we like it's theming a lot in the Alligator Bayou. We're still excited just because it's Disney. There were some really neat things about Contemporary like being able to walk to MK and we could see the castle from our room, but I'm just as excited to go to POR. POR has a better themed pool and a better food court, IMO. We like to try different hotels and then back to POR when we're going cheap. Nothing wrong with that, because I'll still see Mickey.