PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill & Boatwritght's

julyjewel
08-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Would you recommend these? What types of dinner are served. I know menus are always changing. I make my ADR's on Sept. 11 and just wanted some input.

redleg96
08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
I have never been to Garden Grill but I didn't like Boatwrights at all. The service was okay but it's really the food that will keep us from going back. Sorry I couldn't be more positive.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Garden Grill is one of our favourites.

The food is salad, bread, flank steak, turkey, stuffing, potatoes,etc.

The food has been good on both our visits, the service very friendly and efficient and the character interaction super!

Fangorn
08-30-2009, 08:49 PM
We thoroughly enjoyed Boatwrights last year. It was a last minute trip for our anniversary (#33), at the end of June and our 'regular' places were all booked. The food was good - not spectacular, but quite nice, and the service was top-notch. We were wearing "Anniversary" buttons and everyone from the busboy to the restaurant manager stopped by to give us their congratulation. They "comp"ed our dessert, and the manager even brought us champaign, chocolate-dipped strawberries and two red roses after dinner. We felt terribly pampered.

We will be returning in about 30 days.

Steve

Briansmom
08-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Like Fangorn, we really enjoyed Boatwrights. Our service was good & the food was delicious. My DS has autism and will only drink sweet tea (he's a product of the south, for sure!:)). Boatwright's is one of the few places in Disney that offers the 'real thing' and we were running low on what we had brought with us. Since we had gotten sweet tea when we had eaten there, we went back and explained the situation and asked if we could purchase three to-go cups of tea. The hostess went to check with her manager and they ended up just giving us three cups of the precious brew. Not that it was that extravagant, but they didn't have to do that for us at all, since the table service restaurants don't offer carry out of anything. Very thoughtful of them! :number1:

green ranger
08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
We were just at Garden Grill last week for the first time and loved it! The meal is served family style. I wish I had some of the stuffing right now. The character interaction was great too! I would definitely recommend Garden Grill.

gaffz70
08-31-2009, 08:52 AM
We love Garden Grill...and I was bummed that we didn't eat there on our last trip (I was trying some new places)
The food is good, served family style and great private interaction with the characters which makes dinner less chaotic

I'll be sure to book this one next time

barbiegirl314
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Garden Grill is one of our favorites, we've eaten there several times. The food is very good it's served family style and you can get more of whatever you need.

The characters are wonderful too. They're not rushed when they come to the table and they give personal attention to everyone, not just the kids. Our last trip my Mom (Grammy) was pulled up from the table by Pluto for a picture with my 2 boys.:)

Tigerinvestigator
09-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Garden Grill is our favorite! Best food, best one on one time with the characters, and very unique setting with the revolving floor and view of Living with the Land boatride!:thumbsup: