PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Dine

jgt
08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
How much would it cost to update our regular dining plan to the Wine and Dine plan?

Ed
08-30-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't have the answer, but I'm going to move this question to the Dining forum where you'll get better responses.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I believe it is $39.99/night per room (not per person like the rest of the dining plan).

Here are the details from the Disney site:
Wine and Dine

Save up to 20% on wine when you take advantage of an exciting opportunity available with any vacation package that includes dining! Enjoy delectable Chardonnays, smooth Merlot, tawny Ports and more.

For less than $40.00 per room per night, Wine and Dine offers one bottle of wine per room for each night of your stay. Choose from a variety of premium wines from a designated list — ranging from 15 to 140 selections — at participating table-service or Signature Dining Experience restaurants. Wine may also be redeemed at a number of merchandise locations.

See Wine Add On brochure (includes listing of available redemption locations).

The offer applies to the following packages:
Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
Magic Your Way Premium Package
Magic Your Way Platinum Package
Room and Dining Package for Passholders
Room and Deluxe Dining Package for Passholders

Florida law permits the sales of alcohol products to persons 21 years of age or older only. Walt Disney World® Company participates in Florida's Responsible Vendor program and servers will verify age by requesting appropriate identification.

More details:
Wine add-on must be purchased before arrival and cover the entire length of the stay.
Package includes an entitlement to 1 bottle of wine per room for each night of the stay. Certain select wines may require the use of two entitlements.
Wine entitlements are redeemable from the Guest's Key to the World card.
Wine is not available at Magic Kingdom® restaurants or dinner shows
Entitlements are flexible and can be used any time throughout the stay. Wine may be redeemed over each night, or multiple redemptions may be used at one time.
Wine entitlements are not transferable to non-party guests and they expire at midnight on the day of checkout.
Applicable taxes are included.
Gratuities are not included.

SBETigg
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I considered the wine and dine plan, and honestly I think it's a bad deal. If you like wine and know wine, you know that the wines available at $40 per day on the plan are not worth it. Disney restaurants, like all restaurants, have a high mark-up on wine-- so a wine that might cost you $4 - $12 per bottle at a wine shop will sell for $20-40 per bottle in a restaurant. I'm not really thrilled with paying $40 a bottle for what I would normally consider a mediocre wine.

But, strangely enough, a wine that might cost you $15-$40 in a wine shop won't be marked up quite as much on a restaurant wine list-- or at least, it's usually a better wine, so it feels more worth paying a little more for something that drinks better. A $15-$40 wine might go for $60-$100 on a wine list, but it tastes good and satisfies, so it feels more like you're getting your money's worth.

Now consider that the wine and dine plan lets you order wines on the wine lists at one credit or two credits-- one credit being one day's worth ($40). That will usually get you a wine that you might buy in a shop for under $14. But you can use two credits ($80) for a better wine choice-- maybe a $15-$40 bottle in a wine shop but $60 - $100 on a menu. In short, you won't really be able to get wines that are worth what you're paying for, and if you use two credits, you're paying more than you should for the wine. So it's better to not be confined by the wine and dine plan and just select the wines you want on the spot. You lose the convenience of paying in advance in favor of the ability of choosing a wine you really like for a more reasonable price on the wine list. Confusing to describe. I hope I made sense.