PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon with First timer. Great ballon ride, bad hall of presidents

parrothed26
08-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Well WDW without kids is a bit odd to get used to lol. We had a great wedding then drove 10 hours to WDW! I felt a bit weird not having my son with me but it was also a little liberating. We did everything!
She was in awe at all the detail that goes into your experiences there. Though my favorite park will always be the MK, she is in love with typhoon laggon. I got some new experiences this trip too, it was my first time on Toy Story Midway, and the hot air balloon downtown. You have to try that if you havent! we got on right at 9 oclock and saw the fireworks from up there. awesome! Our only disappointment came from the hall of presidents. I hadnt been in awhile but remembered that lincoln walked and basically what it was like, pre-refurbishment. Now lincoln sits, talks about slavery, the presidents introduce themselves, and Barrack O'bama speaks. thats it folks. I was expecting more along the lines of patriotic speeches and the like, not a Hallelueah for O'bama. Nothing against the prez but its supposed to be more about all of them right?
Anyway it was a great honeymoon. DW did get ill and have to go to the Doctor mid-week but we still had an unbelievable time :) It was always great to see the magic through my kids eyes but it was just as beautiful to see it through hers for the first time. She insists we're going back in june!
Thanks everybody who helped me work out the details for this trip, from the florist to the intercotee meet in france (that we didnt make due to her illness :( thanks again guys :mickey:

Mickeydream
08-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Have only been to Epcot w/o kids, so I'm sure it would feel a little different to visit the other parks that way. Sorry about the DW getting sick while there tho. Glad she recovered and was able to enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

Congratulations on your recent wedding. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Glad you had a great trip!

It is hard going to the world without the kids, but it makes for a special trip, as you see things differently :mickey:

Ms. Mode
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Congratulations!

I'm glad your new DW loves WDW too, lots of trips to plan for the future :thumbsup:

indytraveler
08-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing. WDW w/out kids must have been tough. Mine would have shot me. Too bad for the HOP. I think I may have seen Lincoln's last stand. (Hydraulic fluid! wasn't pretty) Congrats on your wedding!

faline
09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I really liked the new Hall of Presidents presentation. Guess we all have different opinions!

Sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon expect for the glitch with your wife's illness!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:08 AM
I remember the first time we went without our girls and how much we missed them when we would ride their favorite rides. It is good to have alone time as well. :thumbsup: