PDA

View Full Version : riverside to FQ shuttle

jonahbear2006
08-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Does anyone have experience with the FQ to Riverside shuttle boat? I was wondering on a schedule and what time a night this stops running. My kids are more interested in the FQ pool, of course, and we plan to use it more, so I am wondering what time we should be out of the pool by in order to not have to walk. Also, how long in between shuttles so I have an idea of how long we will have to wait.

CleveRocks
08-29-2009, 08:41 PM
The boat starts at POR and goes to POFQ. It starts around 9 a.m. and runs about every 20 minutes. At around 11 a.m., the boat continues from POFQ to Downtown Disney, and then comes back to POFQ and then finally POR, then continues back to POFQ, and so on. Starting around 11 a.m., they run roughly every 10 minutes.

The last boat starts returning from DTD and stops at POFQ so that it is back at POR by 11 p.m. or so.

It's about a 10 minute walk from pool to pool, between the 2 resorts.

Mickey's 4Walls
08-29-2009, 09:53 PM
The boat ride is great but the walk is nothing...We ride the boat alot to DD and love it:thumbsup: But we love the pool more at Riverside than FQ!:mickey: Have fun it's our home away from home...tell them we will be home soon!:fish:

tinksmom02
08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
The last boat is I think around 11pm.

We've done the walk between the resorts more than once. A few times we've left just before the boat did and made it "home" around the same time as the boat--it's really only a ten minute walk, and a pretty one at that!

disneygirlnowmom
08-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Make sure that your kids go and see the pool and slide at POR. I have a feeling that they might actually like that one better. My kids did!

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Taking the boat is wonderful, but I wouldn't use it as a mode of transportation between POFQ and POR. As the first response stated from POFQ you next go to Downtown Disney and then all the way back to POR. With the wait time for a boat and the trip to DTD and back to POR that can be at least an hour. And if you hit a busy time when people are returning from DTD you can be asked to exit the boat and wait in line again. The walk is a nice one along the river that only takes about 10 minutes.

CleveRocks
08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Taking the boat is wonderful, but I wouldn't use it as a mode of transportation between POFQ and POR. As the first response stated from POFQ you next go to Downtown Disney and then all the way back to POR. With the wait time for a boat and the trip to DTD and back to POR that can be at least an hour. And if you hit a busy time when people are returning from DTD you can be asked to exit the boat and wait in line again. The walk is a nice one along the river that only takes about 10 minutes.If you are at POFQ and wish to take the boat to POR, you don't need to board the DTD-bound boat! Simply wait for a boat that is coming FROM DTD and board it at POFQ and it will go right to POR.

At POFQ, if the boat is coming from the RIGHT, then it's coming from DTD and after stopping at POFQ its next stop will be POR.

jonahbear2006
08-30-2009, 04:20 PM
awesome! we wont take the boat. sounds like the walk is fine and as for trying different pools, no worries there. I am sure we will swim in all 7 pools. Our family is very big on pools and will insist on at least dipping in each of them just to say we did! The Riverside Pool does look amazing!!!! We've been to the french quarter once before and the kids were just astounded by the delicious colors that the mardi gras theme brings, so once that wears off we will prob hang out at the riverside pool for the rest of the trip! :party:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=jonahbear2006;1948800]awesome! we wont take the boat. QUOTE]

You can take the boat, and it is probably the easiest way between POR and FQ without walking. You don't need to go to DTD first, the boat captains were really good during our trip in making sure people got on either the boat to POR or the one to DTD.

The walk isn't too bad, but when you're already tired from the parks and from swimming, saving a few steps can be great.

Also, quite a few of the busses from FQ go to POR before heading to the park. It isn't all though, but a quick check with a bus driver will get you on one, with very, very little wait.

I agree with an above poster though, my DD prefered the pool and slide and POR to the one at FQ.

Also important to note, other than the main pool at POR and FQ, the others are just plain, boring pools...no slides or anything exciting.

Disney Doll
08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
It's a short walk and the scenery is pretty so I wouldn't hesitate to just walk. The boats are nice for a relaxing ride, but they are not super efficient.

lindique
08-31-2009, 06:47 PM
By the way, most of the time you can also take the bus. The park busses usually stop at French Quarter first and then go to Riverside. And I believe the Downtown Disney bus goes in the opposite direction.

Carolanne
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
It's a short walk and the scenery is pretty so I wouldn't hesitate to just walk. The boats are nice for a relaxing ride, but they are not super efficient.

Exactly.

POFQ is one of our usual spots. We'll take the boat to Downtown Disney, but we always walk over to POR when we feel the urge to head over there (we really enjoy the create your own pasta thing that the POR food court has but POFQ's doesn't)