PDA

View Full Version : Best resort for 1st trip for an almost 3 year old?

disneydeb
08-29-2009, 02:06 PM
We've stayed at most value resorts , but not ASMovies. Will we be disappointed in ASMovies? We are especially concerned with the bus system there.
Thanks for your opinions...

Mousemates
08-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Not sure if your request is for opinions on the overall best resort for a three year old or if its the overall best value resort for a three year old.

If the request is along the lines of the best overall...and you can swing it financially, to me the best would be the contemporary...where you can eat breakfast with Mickey, ride the monorail witout ever having to step outside, easily come back for an afternoon nap, and if you choose...walk home after a day in the parks.

However, if you talking strictly about the best value resort, I think you will likely be very happy with a stay in the movies....the large icons there (with the stress on Disney animated movies) would seem to be a perfect backdrop for a three year old's introduction to all things disney. We stayed in the toy story area and had a great time.

As for the buses I don't recall them being any better/worse than at the other values...including the pop. However, our stays at the values have been during the oober busy holiday season when it has appeared to us that each all star resort tends to have their own buses and did not share.

Bethis26fan
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I think you would be fine at movies, My nephew loves it. He's been at 2 & 4. We have never had a problem with the buses.

Cinderella's mom
08-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I do not think you will be disappointed with it. We took our DD when she was almost 2 year old. We never had the problem with bus overcrowding. I say stay!!