PDA

View Full Version : "Banned"

divinedi
08-29-2009, 12:11 PM
What does it mean if it says 'banned' under a persons online name? I know it was answered here before, but I can't find it at the moment. I thought it meant that they would be banned from this site, but I see one on one of the discussion boards, and was just curious.

kakn7294
08-29-2009, 01:01 PM
That's exactly what it means - the person with "banned" under their name is no longer allowed access to Intercot and shouldn't be able to access their account and post on the boards.

dpamac
08-29-2009, 01:06 PM
If a user has been banned it means their posting and PM privileges have been removed. However, all of their previous posts remain on the boards. Odds are you're seeing activity from a member that occurred prior to, or independent from, whatever the offense that caused the banning took place.

kakn7294
08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Very true. Their profile remains as does any previous posts that haven't been removed for violation of TOS.

divinedi
08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay, I see now. I figured the moderators would remove all the posts from this person. It must have happened recently, this person just posted on the 27th, just thought it was odd.

Thanks!

Figment!
08-30-2009, 10:35 AM
To eleaborate, accounts are generally locked for one of two reasons:

1) Severe and/or repeated violation of the INTERCOT Terms of Service (http://www.intercot.com/disclaimer/boards.asp) .

2) Violation of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act by opening message board account while under the age of 13.