PDA

View Full Version : True or False free bday admission..

nyobabe2
08-29-2009, 09:40 AM
We will be down Thanksgiving week celebrating my nieces bday...her bday is on Thanksgiving day but we will not be going into a park that day. We thought she would then get a $75 gift card to spend for that day only, but my mother in law read that you have to go into a park that day to get anything. Is this true?

buzznwoodysmom
08-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, I got my birthday fun card at the will call window before I entered the park. So I guess I could have not entered the park after I got it. I don't know what the offical rules are on this. I did have to show my park ticket tho, so I am guessing if you are not going to have tickets at all or if your tickets have already been all used up you may have a problem. Good luck.

DreamFinder2
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Here is an excerpt from the official WDW website...interpret it as you will. The part I've highlighted in red is probably of most interest to you.

"...you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message, your proper valid ID, and your Passholder Pass or Multi-Day Ticket that you will use for admission on your birthday." - WDW Parks Website

So, the question still remains...do you actually have to use a day off your pass to get to the will-call window (at MK) or wherever you pick up your Fun Card at the other parks?

Is will-call inside or outside of the turnstyles?

nyobabe2
08-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Hmmm..well it certainly does sound like you need to go into a park that day doesn't it...that's a real stinker

buzznwoodysmom
08-29-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't want to break any rules, or suggest anyone else does, but the will call window at Epcot was after the security check, but before the turnstyles. We actually did go to Epcot that day so it never crossed my mind until I read your question that some people wouldn't actually go into the park. I wonder what Disney's reponse would be on this if you called and asked.

nyobabe2
08-29-2009, 11:08 AM
So I did call and basically what she said was:

If you have tickets for the parks already and you come to the park that day, they will either give us another ticket to use for up to 1 yr or the Fun Card.
Since we have tickets already and are planning to use them before her bday we won't get either.
Now if we wanted to go back to a park they would give her a ticket to use for that day. But since we are not doing that, she won't get anything. Oh well, at least I got my answer!

buzznwoodysmom
08-29-2009, 11:14 AM
To bad it didn't work out for you, but hey....at least you aren't loosing anything since it was going to be free to begin with. Maybe have family give her money as birthday presents before the trip and she can have some Bday money to spend on whatever she would have spent the fun card on! Either way I hope she has a wonderful disney birthday!

nyobabe2
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah, she'll definetly be getting money from all of us! She will not know what she was missing out on for sure :thumbsup:

marylynne95
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Plus she can still wear a B-Day button and get all sorts of attention from the Cast Memebers, etc during the trip!! :mickey:

bkfree
08-29-2009, 11:53 AM
What is the Fun Card? We might be there on my daughter's birthday in Jan. What type of Id do you take for a child of 9?

nyobabe2
08-29-2009, 11:57 AM
You have to register her on the disney website
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/
And you need to bring her gift certificate
I believe the fun card is $75 to use that day

buzznwoodysmom
08-29-2009, 12:05 PM
What is the Fun Card? We might be there on my daughter's birthday in Jan. What type of Id do you take for a child of 9?

As far as I know this is only for Bdays in 2009. Unless of course Disney extends this celebration, which surely wouldn't be unheard of given disney's past celebrations.

vamaggie
08-29-2009, 12:31 PM
As far as I know this is only for Bdays in 2009. Unless of course Disney extends this celebration, which surely wouldn't be unheard of given disney's past celebrations.

I just tried the other day to register our family since we may be there next spring break but it would not let me--said it was only for 09 and hubby's bday has already passed this year. Still hoping they extend it to 2010!

TheRustyScupper
08-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I just tried the other day to register our family since we may be there next spring break but it would not let me

1) The program is specifically for 2009.
2) Why try to register for 2010?

wdwfan
09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
1.Where can the Fun Card be used?
2.Does it have to be used in the park your visiting?
3?Can it be used for anything, say dining?

I have an AP, so will get fun card on my b-day and going to Epcot that day.
4? Do I have to use the card on that day?

TheRustyScupper
09-01-2009, 01:01 PM
1.Where can the Fun Card be used?
2.Does it have to be used in the park your visiting?
3?Can it be used for anything, say dining?
I have an AP, so will get fun card on my b-day and going to Epcot that day.
4? Do I have to use the card on that day?

From the Disney Website:
1. You may use the Birthday Fun Card towards the purchase of select merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may also be used for other select purchases including Disney's PhotoPass® on–site services and tour experiences. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

2. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort.

wdwfan
09-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info. Have to pretty much spend in MouseGears, which 75.00 is easy to spend in there. I wonder what "select merchandise " is.

buzznwoodysmom
09-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info. Have to pretty much spend in MouseGears, which 75.00 is easy to spend in there. I wonder what "select merchandise " is.

You do not have to spend the entire card the day you get it. I used part of mine in Epcot, and the rest of it at DTD a few days later. Just want to make sure you are aware of that.

gaffz70
09-02-2009, 08:48 AM
So I did call and basically what she said was:

If you have tickets for the parks already and you come to the park that day, they will either give us another ticket to use for up to 1 yr or the Fun Card.
Since we have tickets already and are planning to use them before her bday we won't get either.
Now if we wanted to go back to a park they would give her a ticket to use for that day. But since we are not doing that, she won't get anything. Oh well, at least I got my answer!

I don't know if this is true...we just got back and we went to the transportation and ticket center to get the fun card...we showed them the online registration and birth certificate..we did not go into the park that day,,,they did not ask us if we had tickets already or anything... It might be worth a shot to try