PDA

View Full Version : 2 Family Groups, Different Reservations--Can I Make the ADR's?

mickeys_princess_mom
08-28-2009, 11:00 PM
DS and I have eached book trips that overlap and we each have the DDP. We're getting together for dinner one night. Can I book an ADR for the whole group (7) when my window comes up tomorrow? How will this work when it's time to pay? Do we just tell them when ordering?

Fangorn
08-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Yes. You can make the ADRs for your whole group at the 90 day mark of whichever reservation comes first. Once you hit that point, the system will allow you to make ADRs for the entire time of the reservation or 10 days out, whichever is the shorter of the two. The ADR system only cares about those dates.

Whether or not the number of people on the ADR matches the number of guests on the resort reservation, whether or not any or all of them are on the DDP and how the meal will be paid for is irrelevant as far as the ADR system is concerned.

When you get to the restaurant, chances are the server will ask how things are to be split, and if anyone is on the DDP. If they don't ask, don't hesitate to let them know. It's much easier to deal with the logistics of the bill up front. Be aware, that with 7 in your party, they will include the tip (18%) automatically at most places.

Enjoy.

Steve

mickeys_princess_mom
08-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Thank you, Steve! I appreciate your reply very much. When I looked harder at the numbers, I realized my 90 day window is tomorrow (Sunday). I'm ready! :wave: