PDA

View Full Version : Tinker Bell Suggestions

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Were going to MNSSHP in September and our daughter is going as :tink:Tinker Bell. We already have to costume, but no shoes yet. I don’t want her to wear the high heel ones that all the princess and Tinker Bell have. I want her to be comfortable and not get hurt. Can anyone offer a suggestion of what we could get her, or what you little one has worn that worked for you. Thanks in advance for all your help!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Whenever DD wears her Aurora dress, we still make her wear her regular park shoes. We have bought crocs in pink, so they match her dress, but we want her to be comfortable.

Zippy 1
08-28-2009, 07:21 PM
You could always use ballet slippers. They would work well with the costume. My DD was Tinkerbelle years ago and this is what we did. Have fun!

mamasun
08-28-2009, 10:31 PM
My daughters were in full princess garb and all glamed up from the bbb at the pirate and princess party and they wore their sneakers and I am soooo glad they did. We saw so many blisters on little girls cand heard lots of complaining about feet hurting. It is not like trick or treating around town, it is a ton of walking and being on your feet- You could make sequined covers for her shoes or get really fancy shoelaces! We are going to the MNSSHP on 10-31 and they will be in their sneakers (as will I)!

Hull-onian
08-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Have your DD wear green or blue sneakers and go to AC Moore and get glitter glue and decorate them. she will be safe and pretty at the same time.:thumbsup:

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

SurferStitch
08-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I dressed up as Tinkerbell for MNSSHP last October (10/16), and I made the most perfect shoes!

I bought green ballet flats that were just a canvas/cotton material. I then purchased these Christmas ornament kits they sold at Joanne Crafts. They had a white pom-pom with iridescent "fuzz" in them that look exactly like Tink's poms. They were about 3-3.5" in diameter. I then glued and sewed them onto the shoes. I got a lot of compliments on them.

I highly recommend checking out your craft stores for these. They also had smaller ones. The brand of the kit is called "Furry Friends" from Pepperell Crafts (www.pepperell.com). I got Jingles the Deer, but there are others that use the same pom (angel, snowflake, Santa, snowman). I just checked their site, and they have poms in all sorts of sizes.

I hope this helps!

green ranger
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
My daughter was Tinkerbell last year, and the Disney Store was selling flat, green, glittery Tinkerbell shoes. They had no heal at all and they were the shoes that went with Tinkerbell's costume.
I don't know if they still have them this year, but they were cute and comfortable.