PDA

View Full Version : first visit. help.

unserml
08-28-2009, 03:11 PM
would love to know what you recommed for hotel, as far as the best.(value & moderate). also what should we see first (as far as parks). coming for christmas.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

cajunprincess
08-28-2009, 04:01 PM
:welcome: to intercot!!! I am from Louisiana too! I have only been to one value, and that is Pop Centrury. It is a VERY nice resort. I have stayed at all of the moderate resorts, and my favorite there is Coronado Springs. It is very big and spread out, but I love the theme and everything else about this resort.

You should see Cinderella Castle first. It will be breath-taking.

Twinkletoes77705
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
:welcome: this is definatly the best place to help plan a VERY magical trip. I have stayed at All Stars and I LOVE the movies. I feel as though I have stepped into a story myself. I am VERY young at heart and LOVE stuff like that...not too big on stuff for adults...lol. As far as where to start....I dunno why, but I ALWAYS start at Epcot. I am never there for a full day my first day, yet I want to hit a park. So i go to Epcot first so that my next day i can be there for the opening of Magic Kingdom...which is REALLY awesome in my eyes :cloud9:. hang around here (intercot) make sure to check out the tab "info central" and if after that you have ANY questions, there are some REAL pro's here that will know the answer. i have yet to have seen 1 question that someone did not have an idea about. have a blessed day. BTW...I am your neighbor...Texas here!

disneykid@hrt
08-28-2009, 05:00 PM
You're in the right place!:number1:

All of the resorts are nice. We usually stay at Carribbean Beach and absolutely love it.

We are staying at a Value for the first time this year. I have heard not so positive things about the busses at the All-Star Resorts and since you will be going at one of- if not THE- busiest time of the year I would look at the moderate resorts or Pop in the Values- since it is not connected to the All-Stars.

Congratulations! Oh and watch out for the bug they've got down there. If you catch it you won't be able to stay away for more than a year!:mickey:

Disney4us2
08-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Welcome.... I am also new to the boards here. Not new to Disney...

We have stayed at value All Star Movies 2 times and I loved that resort. On our last trip we were there in December.

My DD and I start our trip at EPCOT. Love walking around the park and having lunch at LeCellier Steak House in Canada Pavillion. We don't do too much since we come in on the red eye from Los Angeles.

Enjoy your trip....

Briansmom
08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
We are POFQ fans!!! We love, love, love that resort. It's got such an intimate feeling to it. we love the pool, the food court...the rooms...the sassagoula river. We will think about staying somewhere else, but then we look at each other and just say 'Nah!'

Our first park usually depends on the park hours, our ADRs and the schedule of any shows we want to see.

Have fun planning your trip! You will learn so much here on Intercot....these folks are experts!

Erin C.
08-28-2009, 08:35 PM
:rocks: Our first trip in 1998 we stayed at Caribbean Beach and then we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside until we became DVC members at the Saratoga Springs Resort in 2005.

And...we did Christmas last year and it was great!!! :santa3:

BraddyB
08-31-2009, 09:01 AM
You're in the right place!:number1:

All of the resorts are nice. We usually stay at Carribbean Beach and absolutely love it.

We are staying at a Value for the first time this year. I have heard not so positive things about the busses at the All-Star Resorts and since you will be going at one of- if not THE- busiest time of the year I would look at the moderate resorts or Pop in the Values- since it is not connected to the All-Stars.

Congratulations! Oh and watch out for the bug they've got down there. If you catch it you won't be able to stay away for more than a year!:mickey:

Isnt that the truth !!!!!!!!