PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Dessert Party - Extended and Expensive!

Goes4FastPass
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I know, just because they offer doesn't mean I have to buy.

It seems the Fireworks Dessert Party has been extended to the end of October (so far).

The price is now $23.42 for guests 10+ and $12.99 for guests 3 to 9. That means $72.82 + tip for a family of 4.

Are people buying this experience because the desserts are fabulous or because it's a uncrowded more comfortable way to watch Wishes?

I just hate this trend of Fantasmic, CP, Illuminations etc. have preferred viewing for those willing to buy more food.

BMan62
08-28-2009, 02:40 PM
You know, if nobody paid for it, they wouldn't offer it. People just ask to throw their money at anything 'exclusive' in the parks.

phillydan
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
We were going to book it for our trip this month, but it was sold out for every night. In retrospect, I'm glad it was. The cost doesn't really justify the benefit. Yes, you get a prime spot and tasty desserts. But how much sweets can you really eat to make it worth while? We had the dining plan, and on several nights, we were so full that we didn't even have room for a Mickey Ice Cream Bar. I think it would have been a waste of $150 for us and I'm glad we didn't do it. We still got a good spot for Wishes on Main Street by lining up early. it's just one of those things you do.

Dsnygirl
08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Is this party down in the "Rose Garden" area at MK?? If so, that really irks me, b/c that was a favorite spot for us, and I hate to think it'll be closed off to those of us who prefer some ice-cream from the Plaza and don't want to pay for desserts. :( Is it every night, or just some nights?? Sigh... I was glad this was going to be gone before our trip, and now it's not.... :confused:

phillydan
08-28-2009, 03:39 PM
It is held in the seating area facing the castle for the Tomorrowland Noodle Station. They have the section roped off and a big "Reserved for Fireworks Party" sign hanging across the opening. Note that you can still walk through the area to get to and from Main St. and Tomorrowland - it is only the one seating area fronting the castle that is closed off.

buzznwoodysmom
08-28-2009, 04:59 PM
In my opinion that really isn't that great of a location to view Wishes from anyway. I much prefer being centered in front of the castle to watch. To my family wishes has to be the easiest nighttime show to see. We just walk right up to any empty spot just prior to it starting. Since the fireworks are up in the sky it doesn't matter who, or how many people are in front of you and no need to stake out a spot hours before they begin like parades, Fantasmic, and Illuminiations. I can't ever see my family paying that kind of money for desserts and a not so great view of Wishes.

MNNHFLTX
08-28-2009, 05:50 PM
We already have a discussion on this topic going on in the Dining Forum, so I'm going to close this thread and direct replied there:

MK Fireworks Dessert Party--extended (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=160363)