PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Overlooked Attraction??

ILoveMickey'77
08-28-2009, 12:15 PM
When DH and I go to Disney, we always tend to ride the same rides, all the major Disney attractions. We now have Annual Passes and are going more often, so we want to try some new things (evenutally we are going to do everything, but we want to start with 2 new things per park on our trip next week).

What are your favorite overlooked attactions in each of the 4 parks?

Marilyn Michetti
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
The film "Oh Canada" in WS. It's neat.:thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I guess at MK, I'd have to say the Carousel of Progress. Sure it's not thrilling, but it has that catchy tune...

At Epcot, I think Morocco is an overlooked pavilion.

At Animal Kingdom, I think the walking trails are highly underrated attractions.

Ay Disney Studios (MGM to me) I don't really know, perhaps the whole park?

I hope I answered that properly. :mickey:

Mousemates
08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Carousel of Progress

Electric water parade

bruin1344
08-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I assume short waits on an attraction usually mean overlooked

MK - Tommorowland Transit Authority, Country Bear Jamboree
Epcot - Journey into Imagination
DHS - One Mans Dream
AK - dont have any or know of any

ILoveMickey'77
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=bruin1344;1947816]I assume short waits on an attraction usually mean overlooked

Yes- That's pretty much what I mean. I'm looking for things other than SM, SplM,STMR, PoC, TT, EE, TSM, ToT, IASW, etc

TheVBs
08-28-2009, 01:54 PM
We made the same decision, shooting for 2 new things per park, per trip. The best strategy we could come up with was to simply list what we have never done and see what best fits into our schedules.

joonyer
08-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Most overlooked attractions:

At MK: Tom Sawyer's Island, especially if you have kids under age 12.

At Epcot: American Adventure

At AK: Flights of Wonder or Jungle Trek/Pangani Forest Trail. Honorable mention: Primeval Whirl

At DHS: Walt Disney; One Man's Dream

DisneyPrincess21
08-29-2009, 12:31 AM
I also agree with the previous poster's on "One man's dream" At MGM. I never had seen it until my past trip last year, and I really enjoyed it, I am doing it again for sure my next upcoming trip this December.

DigitalDaredevil
08-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Morocco is an overlooked area. It's real nice to walk through. I think a lot of people overlook the TTA also. The France movie is easily overlooked too.

MinnieMommie
08-29-2009, 08:31 AM
MK: Carousel Of Progress

Epcot: WS: Club Cool
FW: Impressions De France

AK: Flights of Wonder

HS: One Man's Dream

HoosierDisneyFan
08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
At Magic Kindom - Carousel of Progress & Tommorowland Transit Authority

At Epcot - The film in France & the sweet shop in France.

At Animal Kingdom - Flights of Wonder & the Tigers.

At Disney Studios - The Muppets pre-show (it's better that the actual 3-D show in my opinion).

crltkcagle
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Definetly COP in Mk!

seanyred
08-29-2009, 03:15 PM
So here are my suggestions.

MK: Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and the People Mover

EPCOT: Honestly vote for slow walks through each Country but especially Morocco

DHS: One Mans' Dream and even if you don't have kids Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set is pretty neat to look at.

AK: Discovery Island Trails and the Oasis Trails (I'm always amazed how people blow right past these two)

Rhetoric2000
08-29-2009, 04:22 PM
MK: Difficult because all of the park is pretty much well known - I'll say the Liberty Bell.

Epcot: Impressions de France.

MGM: Animation Academy

AK: Live animal shows at Conservation Station.

MushuMulan
08-29-2009, 05:32 PM
At Epcot: The Mexico pavilion. Beautiful scenery, darker lighting to give a more serene look, great food, and a boat ride to relax on after a long day in the parks.

At Animal Kingdom: Tought to be a Bug. It maye be repetitive after a while, but do at it at least once because there's usually no line and it's very entertaining.

At Magic Kingdom: Barnstormer. Very simple ride and short ride, meant for younger children, yet still fun and the line moves fast if there is one.

Finally Hollywood Studios: I really don't think there is one, with the exception of all the side shows that you can watch there, which personally aren't my favorite.

EpcotFan182
08-30-2009, 10:45 AM
MK - Carousel of Progress

Epcot - Reflections of China

DHS - I don't know the name of it, but theres a place where there are a lot of busts of celebrities who contributed to television over the years. I thought that was pretty interesting

AK - Can't really think of one for AK. I guess thats because I don't explore the park

brewcrew26
08-30-2009, 11:36 AM
MK - TTA

Epcot - Impressions de France or the entire Japan pavilion...the shop there is amazing!

DHS - the strolling performers. I think so many people just pass them by and don't take it in.

AK - The trails and the lush greenery.

Darbylew
08-30-2009, 11:48 AM
MK - COP & TTA
DS - GMR & Magic of Disney Animation
EPCOT - Maelstrom & The American Adventure
AK - Maharajah jungle trek & Pangani Trail
Just go and enjoy all the attractions and shows.
I would not want to miss a thing at any of the
parks. :thumbsup::mickey:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP MARCH 2009 :thumbsup:
NEXT TRIP NOVEMBER 2009 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEEN
IN THE PLANS TRIP FOR MAY 2010 :)

barnaby
08-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Carousel of Progress in MK
Walking Trails in AK
Waly Disney: One Man's Dream and Animation Academy in DHS

PopeCharming
08-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Magic Kingdom- Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Epcot- Impressions de France

DHS- you know, I haven't done this park a great deal of justice in a while. I tend to see the E-ticket rides and leave.

Animal Kingdom- Flights of Wonder

Quixote
08-30-2009, 10:12 PM
every day they do a nice fife and drum followed by an a capella group at the american pavilion in WS. Always a nice stop

brownie
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Magic Kingdom - Carousel of Progress
Epcot - UK gardens
Disney Studios - Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Animal Kingdom - Flights of Wonder

kemps@wdw
08-31-2009, 11:44 PM
MK-COP or TTA :thumbsup:
Epcot - An afternoon/evening leisurely stroll thru WS and eat/drink your way "around the World" :thumbsup:
DHS - Walt Disney-One Man's Dream :thumbsup:
AK - The park itself. Slow down and REALLY enjoy the walk-thru attractions and the trails.:thumbsup:

johnO
09-01-2009, 08:40 AM
When DH and I go to Disney, we always tend to ride the same rides, all the major Disney attractions. We now have Annual Passes and are going more often, so we want to try some new things (evenutally we are going to do everything, but we want to start with 2 new things per park on our trip next week).

What are your favorite overlooked attactions in each of the 4 parks?

There are plaenty of suggestions listed here by other posters and I'll include mine below, but my suggestion for you is to also look beyond the parks and discover some of the hidden treasures outside the park gates at the resorts. There is so much to see at the resorts. Also how about Bizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, they're both fantastic.

MK: Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyers Island, Swiss Family Tree House, Ride the Train, TTA. American Adventure.

EPcot: Club Cool, O'Canada, British Invasion

DHS: One Man's Dream

AK: Bug's Life, walking trails, Jungle Trek

bertasso59
09-02-2009, 08:57 AM
'Impressions de France' , the Electric Water Parade and the campfire sing a long with Chip N Dale

IamBelle
09-06-2009, 08:38 AM
MK-TTA, COP

Epcot-the movies in the countries, Figment, The Circle of life movie in The Land

AK-Rafiki's Planet Watch, the Pangani Forest Trail, and the Majara (sp?) Jungle Trek

DHS- The Animation Academy (really fun!)

LudwigVonDrake
09-06-2009, 11:04 AM
The first two to pop into my mind are Carousel of Progress and One Man's Dream :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 04:03 AM
MK: Swiss Family Treehouse

Epcot: Living with the Land Boatride/ New O'Canada

DHS: One Man's Dream/ Sounds Dangerous

AK: Conservation station

BelleandtheBeast
09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
transit authority, I enjoy hoping on and just relaxing. Never a line, I think a lot of people just don't notice it there.

clausjo
09-11-2009, 09:58 AM
transit authority, I enjoy hoping on and just relaxing. Never a line, I think a lot of people just don't notice it there.

I completely agree. My son, now 10, has always loved the "blue train" and it's a must do for us every time. Sometime, when the kids were small, they would fall asleep and the CMs would let us stay on for another ride or two. :thumbsup:

We've never done the animation academy or One Man's Dream at MGM, but I think we'll try on our next trip.

Lightning McQueen
09-11-2009, 11:36 AM
MK - TTA
DHS - One Man's Dream

Don't really have one for the other two, although I am probably guilty of overlooking some gems myself! One that I've never done that I'm excited about for this Dec. is Flights of Wonder.

Running_Bell
09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Living with the land at Epcot!

Joannelet
09-11-2009, 12:45 PM
At MK-Toms Sawyer Island

Hollywood Studios: One Man's Dream

Epcot: Maelstrom

Animal Kingdom: The entire park! So many people do not appreciate it. I worked there so I get so sad when people just don't like it or compare it to a zoo still to this day! ugh....but everything has an amazing story to it and i wish people took the time out and learned all about that park...it truly is a hidden gem!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Magic Kingdom-
1) Carousel of Progress-One of many we never rode until last trip
2) Jungle Cruise-We didn't even ride this until our last trip

Epcot-
1) Ellen's Energy Adventure
2) Turtle Talk With Crush

DHS-
1) Muppet Adventure
2) Starring Rolls-I know its not an attraction but it is a much overlooked Counter Service and Bakery

Animal Kingdom-
1) Marajarah Walking Track-Neat but not too long
2) Legend of the Lion King-I was surprised at how many people I've talked to who've never bothered to see this show.....

LVT
09-26-2009, 09:48 PM
AK catch DeVine, Tree of life trail
HS One man's Dream/Animation studio
HS the Props display at the exit from Backlot tour
MK Goofy's Barnstormer (before it's gone)
Night riding of coasters

wdwfansince75
09-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I am surprised how many of my favorites are considered "overlooked"...I never miss CoP, TTA, the Spirit of America, The Voices of Liberty, Flights of Wonder....
No one mentioned The Little Mermaid show....when the line is shorter, it is a pleasant place to escape a hot afternoon at DHS....while waiting for my FP time for RnRC....