PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part XI

Beach Club Babe
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Sunday August 9th, 2009

Ron, Rose, and Ashleigh would be making the long drive home tonight. The rest of us had a flight out tomorrow. We had packed up much of Rose and Theresa's stuff from their room the night before, so before we left this morning, we put it into the other room until they left later that night.

Once again Rose and Theresa decided to take it easy this morning. As for the rest of us, it was off to the Magic Kingdom. First order of business was getting fastpasses for Splash. I had still not had a chance to ride it yet this trip, and I was going to make sure I did! With those in hand we rode BTMR standby with a 10 minute wait. Once off of that train, we went to catch the other train. We arrived over in Toontown just as it opened and went to see about meeting Tinkerbelle. The line was already at 30 minutes, but the CM waiting outside said Tinkerbelle was not guaranteed to be there until noon, so we decided to skip it until next trip. We then tried to go see Mickey in the judges tent, but clearly no one was in the mood to wait even if it wasn't a very long line. Instead, Ashleigh took Emily on the Barnstormer, then Emily played inthe playground for a few minutes. She likes to play, but that will probably be her last time as she is getting to big. Then we headed out and grabbed some fastpasses for Pooh.

Ron had been dying for some frozen raspberry lemonade from the Enchanted Grove, so we took a small break and enjoyed those. We then set off to use our fastpasses at Splash Mt., but decided on our way that we were hungry and stopped in the Diamond Horseshoe Revue for lunch. Ron had a very messy barbecue chicken sandwich, Matt and Ash had a ham and cheese, Em had pb&j, and I had a tuna croissant, not bad for boxed lunches. It was odd though, we were the only ones in there until just before we left and then it got swamped.

As we exited Donald, dressed like Davy Crockett so we met him before I finally got to ride Splash, in fact I rode twice with rider switch. After that we used our fastpasses at Pooh.

In the meantime, Rose and Theresa decided to head to Epcot, since we had planned on going there after MK. Rose was keeping me updated as to where they were. Now they were in WS, starting on the Canadian side and working towards Mexico. They were in Japan enjoying Kaki Gori. We were trying to work our way out, but kept getting sidetracked. She called to say they were in Italy now and planning on having lunch at Nine Dragons since Theresa who had been down to WDW in March for Softball Spring Training, had eaten there and loved it. She wanted to know if we wanted to join them, but since we weren't even close to getting there, I told them to go on without us.

Finally, after many a pit stop and ome last minute shopping, we made it to the monorail and from there to Epcot. As I've said before, we can't make it into Epcot without Ashleigh riding Spaceship Earth so off we went again. This time I held Hallie up when they took the picture. In the end it was hysterical with her head on a body doing crazy things. That was my highlight of Spaceship Earth! Rose had called again and they were still in China doing some shopping. Emily's last goal of the trip was to make a mask in WS, so we headed into Mexico to begin the process. After getting started, we rode the ride one more time and then Ron decided to head back to the room to get some rest before beginning the drive later. Ashleigh also decided to join him. Em, Hallie and I moved onto Norway to continue with the mask and then met Rose and Theresa in China.

I'm going to have to finish the rest of the day later.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry you missed Tink!

Sounds like a great day so far :mickey:

vizsla
08-29-2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the report.

Mickeydream
08-29-2009, 08:27 AM
I've been reading along with your trip and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Having Rose along certainly made it convenient so you and Ron could enjoy some quiet time together. :cloud9:

DisneyorBust
08-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Another busy day! Sounds like a great vacation, looking forward to the rest of your report. Thanks.

princessgirls
08-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Great day Heather! Glad you got to ride Splash! It is my favorite!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Great start to your day. Glad to hear you were finally able to ride Splash!!

faline
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Heather, I'm always sad when your trip reports come to an end! Sorry to hear your trip is winding down!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Wow, I think I just had a small dose of the disney blues for you.........think happy thoughts......going in December.....ok they are gone, at least until I read the next report. I gotta feeling I'm not going to like it much.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Ah, I really hate the last day. It seems like you're trying to do so many other things that you all of a sudden realize you missed, and there's just not enough time to do them.

This time I held Hallie up when they took the picture. In the end it was hysterical with her head on a body doing crazy things. That was my highlight of Spaceship Earth! Well, at least there was something amusing about it this time, huh? :mickey: