PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prize Trip, Day 4: Thursday, Aug 13

TikiGoddess
08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Thursday

Thursday was supposed to be the Princess Day. We originally had 10:30am reservations for Julie, Katie, and my niece to get transformed at the BBB. Key word: HAD. Turns out the week before we left, this reservation and one other were inexplicably cancelled. My travel agent was livid when she found out and had Disney Reservations pulling tapes of calls. Turns out that there was a guest with a name very similar to mine (staying at WL for 4 nights during our trip) that cancelled her trip and all her ADRs. The reservationist didn’t look and cancelled these. And it was impossible to get back into BBB as it was booked.

But it worked out okay in the end. We had breakfast at the WL lounge and took the boat to the MK at 7:30am for EMH. The rest of the family was still in bed, so we took off without them. We arrived just as the opening ceremony was finishing. Off to Peter Pan but it was closed so we went to Snow White (not a big hit). After a spin on the Tea Cups, it was almost 9am. We waited at the Tomorrowland rope drop and had the brilliant idea of doing the Indy Speedway right away. I’m not a big fan of this ride but Julie (my Cars lovin’ girl) was all over it. I rode with Katie and she was an awful driver and we crashed many times – hee hee! But much fun was had by all, I must admit!

Then off to Buzz Lightyear. We rode two times and I won the 2nd time!!! It helps that the girls rode together. It’s hard to get a high score when the driver is a 4 or 6 yr old. By this time the rest of the family was awake and around, so we all met up at Small World and rode together (count: 2 total). We also saw Philharmagic with everyone and used our Peter Pan FPs (as a family).

Princess time was near, so we stopped in Tink’s treasures to let the girls pick out some accessories for their outfits. Our travel agent had dropped off $60 of gift cards to use so we splurged on all of the girls, including my niece.

Okay. Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table. I was glad to see that we met Cinderella immediately. She was very gracious if a little rushed. Our pictures came out great. We climbed the stairs to the large dining room (something I’ve always wanted to see!). We were seated on the side towards the back… not a great table but hey, there’s not much to see anyway.

I had the pasta primavera which was tasty. The princesses were very quick with their visits – as if they didn’t have time to talk to the girls. It was “hi everyone”, hugs, picture, “bye”. The wishing ceremony was cute (Katie had her eyes closed real tight). Overall I have to say it was a fun experience but not one I’d do again. It’s a “did it once, don’t need to do it again” kind of thing. I thought I would cry seeing the girls meet the princesses, but to be honest it wasn’t as special as I thought it would be.

On the way out of the park we had a great treat. The Dapper Dans were singing by the Main Street bakery and had just started their set. They sang my favorite barbershop song, Lida Rose!! (I’ve acted in 2 different productions of Music Man…)

After a quick boat ride back to the hotel, everyone napped from 3-4:30. We had a light dinner in our room, with pbj, cheese, crackers, some pork tenderloin, and corn chowder courtesy of the lounge. It was still raining when we left to return to the MK, so out came the ponchos and stroller covers. Tim’s mom came with us and we had a good time despite the light rain. We rode Pirates (one of Grandma’s favorites). After that we had to buy a pin as Julie had lost her 3rd tooth the night before and I had promised her a pin. We then saw Country bear jamboree and Pooh. It was getting late and we had the dilemma of staying for the parade or going back to the hotel. By the time we got to the train station, it was 8:50, so we found a spot by the right entrance and waited for the parade. Staying for the parade was a good call. The girls loved the lights and all of the characters. It is a beautiful parade and the effects are stunning. Because of our position close to the main entrance, we were able to make a quick exit and catch the first boat back to the Lodge. Tim and I were more tired and cranky than the girls were. :D

Friday: T-Rexes, Triceratops, and Dinos… oh my!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh I know...we've hit CRT twice. Once for breakfast, once for lunch and the breakfast felt like a princess factory to me..stop, shoot, bye! Every 5 mins. We did find the lunch less rushed though. Sounds like another great day!

yjgirl32
08-28-2009, 08:17 AM
I too have eaten at CRT- my only child is a boy, but the princesses were really really great with him- calling Prince Patrik. It was so cute. But I feel the same way- been there done that. We are going to try the Princess meal in Epcot this time- only becase we have some 1st time Disney Goers. Hope it's a little better. Thanks for sharing.

Dsnygirl
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great day, even w/ the BBB mix-up.

We did CRT for b'fast w/ the girls when they were 4 & 7 (in '06), and we thought the same thing about how fast the princesses spin through... but I have to tell you, the view and the food have me wanting to go back again! The stuffed french toast and whatever else they served (can't remember anymore, except that it was SO good :blush:) was delish... might just have to pony up and do it again sometime, and I won't even have to dress my girls up, as they're in the "the princesses are cool at Disney, mom, but I don't need the costume" stage... ;)

Sounds like another fun day -- can't wait to read more!

brad192
08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Aw, too bad about the BBB ressies. Other than that, it sounds like another great day! Glad you stayed to watch Spectro - it's a must see for me.

Mousefever
08-29-2009, 08:20 PM
:wait:

I heard it's raining in CT. Doesn't that mean another installment is on its way? (I'm trying a little bit to be patient.)

:)
Amy

princessgirls
08-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Great day Kathy!

Thanks for sharing. Glad you did the CRT lunch for your girls. I feel the same way.

Julie:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a great day. I loved our experience at CRT when Kourtney was 6 for b'fast. :mickey:

DizNee143
08-31-2009, 12:56 PM
another great day! sorry meeting the princesses didnt go how you thought it would..but im sure all the girls loved meeting them all!! :mickey:

vizsla
09-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
The canceled reservation must have been a disappointment but you still had a lovely day!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Just reading this report compared to the others, I believe the cancelled BBB reservation bothered you more than you realize. I'm not a psychiatrist but I did stay at a holiday inn express once....:confused:

BluewaterBrad
09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I wouldnt blame you about being tired! Busy day!:mickey: