PDA

View Full Version : Taxi back to Airport?

disneykid@hrt
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Our flight home doesn't leave until 5:30 PM from MCO. We are planning on going to the Parks until the very last second. We are thinking of taking a cab to the airport. Is this the best/quickest/easiest way? Also, will we need to schedule the cab to be there or will there be some waiting? Also... Is it worth hauling the big ole carseat down there just for that or will we be just as happy doing DME at departure? (I have one of those big honking Britax car seats, if some of ya know what I'm talking about. Which I would only have to take for the cab ride back to the airport as she will be riding on our laps for the plane ride and we're using DME upon arrival.)

Thanks for any and all info you can give me as I tend to over-analyze pretty much everything. And I want my daughter's first trip to be absolutely perfect!

Strmchsr
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Cabs are fine and you can usually find one around, but I've found a towncar service, like Quicksilver, to be the best non-DME way to go.

Pirate Granny
08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
All the taxi's we took in May had car seats; but one...and we had specifically asked for a car seat...hummm...we walked over to the Contemporary and they had a whole line of cabs...I'm sure you will find the same thing at any of the parks...the cabs are right outside...and ask for a car seat...don't bring your seat down for one trip...also...are you flying an airlines where you can check your luggage at disney...very convenient...we checked luggage; ate breakfast and was at the park for opening ceremonies...got lots in before our 5pm departure.
:pirate: