PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Counter Service Restaurants?

ILoveMickey'77
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
DH and I will leaving for Disney in 8 days!! This will be the first time in recent history that we have not had the dining plan. We tend to eat at the same counter service restaurants every time we go, Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, and Sunshine Seasons. With us only eating counter service on this trip, I love to know what are you favorite counter service restaurants?

Edited**I do want to mention that we LOVE Flame Tree BBQ, but 4 out of 4 of my party in February got food poisoning from there, so it will be awhile before we are brave enough to go back :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2009, 04:34 PM
We discovered three new (new to us) great CS this past trip:

DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express
DHS-Starring Rolls-gourmet deli sandwiches and yummy pastries
AK-Flametree BBQ

We also like UK for fish n chips and the Cantina for nachos at Epcot and at MK-Pecos Bills

Seasonscraps
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
My absolute favorites are Earl of Sandwich in DTD and Casey's at the MK.

Mickspal
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I love Flame Tree Barbecue in Animal Kingdom and Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

laprana
08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Some of my favorite CS places are:

-Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD (HUGE portions big enough to split, excellent food!)
-Yakitori House in Japan Pavilion in Epcot
-Pecos Bill in MK
-Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary (nice selection of meals other than burgers, chicken nuggets and fries!)
-Artist's Palette at SSR
-Captain Cooks at the Poly
-Everything Pop at POP

Yummm! I'm getting hungry! :eat:

Aggie97
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Our CS favorites are:

MK - Cosmic Ray's, Casey's Corner
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Cantina de San Angel
DHS - Starring Rolls (breakfast)
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DTD - Earl of Sandwich
Resorts - Captain Cook's at the Polynesian

:mickey:

disneymom15
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
In addition to those mentioned;
Columbia Harbor House in MK

jonahbear2006
08-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Gasparilla Grill-Grand Floridian
Sassagoula floatworks-POFQ
Electric Umbrella-Epcot
Pizzafarri-AK-for breakfast, we did NOT like lunch here but breakfast was very filling and very good!

Not a counter service, but decently priced for a cheat but awesome meal.....

Beaches and Cream- you could just get a couple of burgers and split them here and then share a kitchen sink.Burgers are 8.99
Grand Floridian Cafe- An overlooked gem of disney world. They have a grand sandwich-Open-faced hot ham, turkey, bacon, and tomato with a rich Boursin cheese sauce and fried onion straws, for $11.99. Worth paying for!

Maleficent_vf
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Earl of Sandwich - DTD
Columbia Harbour House - MK
:thumbsup:

lighteningqueen
08-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Sunshine seasons
Earl of Sandwich
Pecos Bills

Want to try this Dec Pepper Market and Wolfgang Express. I heard their portions are large for the man in the family who wants more.

TheVBs
08-27-2009, 09:07 PM
On our last trip we had an excellent lunch at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot. They've definitely upgraded their menu.

baby minnie's mommy
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
MK - Columbia Harbour House
DTD - Earl of Sandwich
AK - Restaurantasaurus (I love burgers)
Epcot - Norway (for their desserts!)

TheMartellFamily
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Sunshine Season at the Land in EPCOT. The other is Everything POP. I am all about the choices.

rmsongs
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
We absolutely love Pepper Market at Coronado Springs; there's literally something for everyone. If you like Mexican food, have the quesadillas and black beans - delicious! We also really like Restaurantosaurus in AK and The ABC Commissary (sp?) at DHS. Last trip we ate at Rosie's -or was it Eddie's? - at DHS and really enjoyed it. Actually, half of us ate at Rosie's and half at Eddie's and everybody was happy. :D

DisneyPrincess21
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Since I can't pick just one, I will pick by park.

Mk-Casey's, I love those little corn dog nuggets.
Epcot-Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Yummy fish and chips a must do for my family.
MGM- Actually I don't think I have ever eaten at a CS there, I usually only eat a Sci-fi (which by the way is my favorite at MGM)

BTW. :welcome: to intercot!

baldburke
08-28-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't know why, but one place we consistently eat is at the Backlot Express at DHS. I think we've eaten there every trip since the park opened. It's nothing special: burgers, dogs and chicken, but we keep going.

Wolfgang Puck's at DTD also get a vote by us. We ate there for the first time on our last trip and would definitely go back. The food was great.

ILoveMickey'77
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Since I can't pick just one, I will pick by park.

Mk-Casey's, I love those little corn dog nuggets.
Epcot-Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Yummy fish and chips a must do for my family.
MGM- Actually I don't think I have ever eaten at a CS there, I usually only eat a Sci-fi (which by the way is my favorite at MGM)

BTW. :welcome: to intercot!

Thank you!:mickey:

Mickey91
08-28-2009, 08:57 AM
MK - Cosmic Rays Love Sonny Eclipse!

EPCOT - Electric Umbrella

DHS - Backlot Express

AK - used to be the Tusker House. Now we go over to AKL and eat at their counter service place.

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

ILoveMickey'77
08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions! Now I'm hungry!! :chef:

lockedoutlogic
08-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Sunshine Seasons (probably the best in terms of quality and variety...that isn't named 'wolfgang puck'")
Wolfgang pucks (the best by far....and the two different locations have differing menus...a nice perk as well)
Earl of Sandwich (very good...but much more pedestrian than puck's)
Tangerine Cafe
Cantina de San Angel
Yakitori House
Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge
Hurricane Hannah's at Yacht
Sassagoula at Port
I have not tried the new Chef Mickey Express at Contemp...but the menu looked really good

*edit* Flame Tree Barbeque at DAK is pretty good for park food as well

The worst...by far....is Goods 2 Go at Olivia's....i'm considering starting a letter writing campaign to plead for WDW to do something with that place that has about 3 things on the menu:thedolls:

Seasonscraps
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I also really like Beaches & Cream at the BC - it's not a counter service but it doesn't cost much more then a CS place.

PopeCharming
08-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Let's see...

1. Tangeriene Cafe in Morrocco!
2. Flame Tree BBQ- its so good that frankly, I think the possibility of food poisoning is worth it!
3. Good veggie wraps at Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club
4. Kringla Bakery og Cafe
5. Yakatori House in Japan
6. Earl of Sandwich- I remember going there on a day where it was raining constantly, and the Jamaican Jerk chicken sandwich and creamy tomato soup warmed my soul.

bkfree
08-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Ok, Now my stomach is growling.

1)Our top place is certainly Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. A must each trip, The Chinois Chicken Salad or the Roast Chicken are tops. I also think this is by far the best CS deal on the DDP.
2) Another tried and true favorite is The Fish and Chip place in GB at Epcot.
3) My fav is Tangerine Cafe at Morroco in Epcot
4) Our newest find and DH favorite is the Yak and Yeti CS at AK
5) We always tend to eat CS at Japan.

For us the best resort CS has been Mara at AK. This is because they have many of the hummas, desserts and other unique eats that they serve at Boma.

Mousemates
08-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Cosmic Rays

Sunshine Seasons

Flame Tree BBQ

Starring rolls

Rhetoric2000
08-28-2009, 06:43 PM
In order

1. Tangierine Cafe - Epcot
2. Earl of Sandwich - DTD Market
3. Anandapur Local Cafes - AK
4. Flame Tree BBQ - AK
5. Sassagoula - POFQ
6. Sunshine Seasons - Epcot
7. Casey's Corner - MK
8. Columbia Harbor House - MK
9 Wolfgang Puck Express - DTD WestSide
10. Pepper Market - Coronado

Honorable Mentions: Pizzafari (AK), Roaring Forks (WL), Kringla Bageri & Yakitori House (Epcot)

AdventurerKim
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
1. Columbia Harbor House
2. The Land
3. Pecos Bill's
4. Cafe in Japan
5. Backlot Exress
6. Studio Catering

Belster
08-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Our personal favs are....

MK-Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills

AK-Flame Tree BBQ

Epcot-Sunshine Seasons

DHS-Can't really think of one

barbiegirl314
09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
At the Magic Kingdom my family's favorites are Peco Bills and Caseys.

AT Epcot we like Liberty Inn (I know, it's a pretty boring choice) and Cantina De San Angel.

bruin1344
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
MK - Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - (dont know technical name of these CS in these pavilions) Mexico, China, American Adventure, The Land
DHS - nothing sticks out
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DTD - Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck

MistressGracey
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
We are the opposite of you! This year is the first year we have had the dining plan, so we have PLENTY of experience with the counter service eateries. The good thing about eating mostly counter service meals is that you save alot of time. Here are some of our all time favorites.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House. Great veggie and tuna sanwiches, flavorful fried fish n' chips, great little place with a colonial feel. Also, right across from the Mansion!:cloud9:

Studios: Toy Story Pizza Planet. Menu limited to pizzas, but we love the veggie pizza and salad combo, and we love the extra long sit-down break we get while the kids play with the claw machines, etc.

Epcot: The CS in Japan (Yakitori House may be the name) has decent fare.

Downtown Disney: Another vote for Earl of Sandwich. We thought this place was a terrific value, and everything was very fresh and tasty.

Hoping you have a wonderful trip!:D

MuchLovedMama
09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
I have to agree with the many others that said Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. I could not belive that this we included as a CS. The food was wonderful & the portions were HUGE. Wish we had done it more. I'm really looking forward to doing this again next year.

Also, we loved the food court at Pop.

steamboat willy
09-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey ILOVEMICKEY77,

Salisbury Here, we leave Sunday so we'll beat you down by a few days.

We will be going to our Intermission Food Court, Sushi Bar outside Kona Cafe, Capt. Cooks at the Poly, Caseys Corner, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfegang Puck Exp., Yak & Yatti Exp. and DW will have to have an apptz from Rainforest Cafe.

ENJOY! :wine: :eat: :popcorn: :fworks: :smickey: :balloon:

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Wolfgang Express at downtown disney. IT seriously is enough food like you are eating at a TS!!!! The Creme Brulee it YUMMY!!! We eat there every year!!

VolMickey
09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe ... I just love the name!!!

javamama
09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Yak and Yeti for us, our new find last year. Otherwise we love the Colubia Harbor House it's a must every year.

BriarRose0708
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
mmmmmm!!!

-Colombia Harbor House is my all time favorite!
-Casey's comes in second. I love getting a dog and sitting on the curb waiting for a parade.
-Main Street Bakery in the morning for a chocolate croissant!
-Flame Tree BBQ has some of the best pulled pork and corn bread!
-The bakery in Norway. I dream of school bread!
-The bakery in France. Yummy quiche and sandwiches, plus the pastries!
-Starring Rolls for breakfast
-Pizza Planet if only for the atmosphere!

Happy eating!