PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Montana Addition to Backlot Tour

GothMickey
08-24-2009, 02:33 PM
The Hannah Montana Chicken Coup was added to the Back Lot Tour.

DizneyFreak2002
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Ummm, what's the Hannah Montana Chicken Coup??? And why add it to an already depressing Backlot Tour??? R.I.P. Studios Back Lot Tour... Please, Disney, take this attraction out of its misery already...

JPL
08-24-2009, 07:11 PM

What exactly is a Hannah Montana Chicken Coup :confused:

DizneyFreak2002
08-24-2009, 09:24 PM
What exactly is a Hannah Montana Chicken Coup :confused:

Found pictures online... Apparently props from that wonderful Hannah Montana movie...

DizneyFreak2002
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Add to that, it is actually a barn/chicken coop.... :ack:

JPL
08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
And this is suppose to be exciting how :confused:

DizneyFreak2002
08-24-2009, 10:59 PM
And this is suppose to be exciting how :confused:

I don't know..

Ian
08-25-2009, 09:01 AM
And this is suppose to be exciting how :confused:I can't even imagine that being exciting to fans of Hannah Montana?

It's not like it's some glizy/glammy kind of thing that's going to appeal to tween girls. It's a stinky ole barn.

big blue and hairy
08-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I can't even imagine that being exciting to fans of Hannah Montana?

It's not like it's some glizy/glammy kind of thing that's going to appeal to tween girls. It's a stinky ole barn.

I'm sure this one doesn't stink, but let me tell you, to call a chicken coop a stinky barn is an insult to barns! Cows have nothing on chickens! :eek2:

:sulley:

GothMickey
08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
The Hannah Montana Chicken Coop, and yes, I did spell it wrong before, I think, is an attempt to bring in some foot traffic to a dead attraction. I can see their thought process behind the addition. Thankfully, she didn't take over Rock 'N' Roller Coaster. Unless this is the first step.

PirateLover
08-27-2009, 02:34 AM
The Hannah Montana Chicken Coop, and yes, I did spell it wrong before

DARN! I was just about to comment on how on earth Hannah Montanna planned to lead these chickens in coup of Disney World. :razz:

Rhetoric2000
08-27-2009, 04:16 AM
In all fairness, if Hannah Montana DID actually execute a coup of the backlot tour it may be the only thing that could possibly make me a fan of hers.

Geez that attraction was once great.

Jeff G
08-27-2009, 09:29 AM
With this news I can't wait to get on this ride next month because when I think Hannah Montanna the first thing I envision is a chicken coop. My only hope is that the wait hasn't swelled to over an hour but even if it has it will be so worth it:D.

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
What kills me about the Backlot Tour is that they still try to make it seem like the park is a working studio, when it hasn't been for some time. When was the last time something original (as in television or film) was recorded there? Probably at least 5 years or more. The park needs to drop the whole "we still film here" facade. Even the official guide still lists Streets of America as a place you can visit if "crews aren't filming". As if. They haven't filmed on that street in over TEN years.

GrumpyFan
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I haven't been on the backlot tour in a few years. This still doesn't sound appealing enough to make want to do it again. Try again Disney!

The Backlot tour was once an appealing attraction that allowed guests to experience a "behind the scenes" environment like what might be seen on an actual studio lot, now it's just a waste of time.

I think if they really wanted to do something with this, they could turn it into a new restaurant, call it the "Prop Room", or the "Prop Warehouse". They already have many of the props and a warehouse type of environment, all they would need to do is add a kitchen. The waiters and waitresses would be dressed in coveralls, and the food could be themed to different classic movies. They could use old "mock" props for serving pieces and platters. Occasionally, they could have someone acting like a director come in and make a scene about how the stuff for his movie was being used at someone's table. Or, he could find a "star" in the room, and do a screen test on the spot. The waiters and waitresses could also be aspiring actors/actresses and brag about the bit parts they had lined up.

Ian
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
What kills me about the Backlot Tour is that they still try to make it seem like the park is a working studio, when it hasn't been for some time. When was the last time something original (as in television or film) was recorded there?Well ... I don't think anything is routinely filmed there anymore, but I'm fairly certain it's still used for some T.V. specials and certain movie sequences.

I know the last time I was on the tour there was a film crew shooting in the water tank.

Lakin
08-27-2009, 04:42 PM

Nooooo!!!!! :fit:

wishiniwasthere
08-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, I'm sure there are lots of little girls out there who saw the movie and would be ecstatic to see it on the back lot tour. Hence, if the little girls want to see it, mommy and daddy will be there too. If Disney is trying to get people back there, I guess this is one way to do it. Have you people ever taken your daughter's to a Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert? Better yet, have you ever tried to get tickets to one of these concerts? Obviously, there is a group out there that would be interested. Just a thought.

TeamJonasSister
08-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm a teenager, I honestly loved the Hannah Montana movie. I think it is awesome that they added that prop to the Backlot tour. Some of the older stuff I don't even know what it is, I'm very happy that they are adding more modern props to the backlot tour.

DisneyPrincess21
08-28-2009, 10:56 PM
:old: OMG, I must be getting old if the props are unrecognizable to teenagers now days, i never have trouble recognizing props or reference's to old movies at MGM. And now Hannah Montana is "modern" lol :cool:

Btw. If they want to use a modern prop from Miley Cyrus they should use her "ice cream cart" from the teen choice awards! :funny:

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Honestly, the props are about the only thing even REMOTELY movie-related on the tour anymore.

Granny Jill A
09-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I have it on good authority from my 11-year-old granddaughter that Hannah is OUT. Jonas Brothers are IN. Sounds like they are using the Backlot Tour as a dumping ground. So sad.....

Melanie
09-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Okay Goth, I'm not directing this at you since I'm fully aware you are just the messenger, but seriously, who cares? This is one minute prop amongst many others that will be passed by in 10 seconds on the backlot tour. I just don't get the big deal. :shrug:

IamBelle
09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
i saw it when i was there and they don't even say what it is, there was a wall around it when i was there, so maybe it was just brought in when i saw it. I love the backlot tour, especially the prop warehouse. I don't think it is dead, like some people believe. When I went, it was such a LONG wait.

Dsnygirl
09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, it's sounding like my DD's and I are in the minority here, we really enjoyed the HM movie, and I think the chicken coop is actually quite cute. (If you saw the movie, you'd get it... it's not just a barn, it's quite colorful and as a prop, was probably quite fun to create. I mean, it has an "egg" for a door, even!;))

So, although it is admittedly not a big deal that it's added to the Tour, my girls will get a kick out of it, and it'll be fun to see in person... it was a cute part of the movie. :)

starryeyes21
09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I was just in Hollywood Studios last week and the chicken coop wasn't even on the official tour. It was on the walkway between the water effects tank and the bathroom. Actually while we were there my husband and I commented on the downturn the the tour has taken. There is now a recorded voice over that gives the tour. Not a real person anymore. At least this was how it was when we were there. It just feels kinda silly going in a big circle looking at the blacktop where the Lights Motors Action cars practice. I mean, you know nobody is making props in the prop warehouse and not a stitch has been sewn in the costuming department in years. My husband and I were just kinda depressed after we got off.