PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars/Reward Cards

Marymouse2003
08-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Hi guys,
I have 3 nephews , twins & a younger bro going on their 1st trip 2 WDW n June...I wanted 2 get them Disney Dollars 4 X-Mas & their B-Days.....but, I was told there is no such thing as Disney Dollars ne longer.....Is this true?...Disney Visa told me I had 2 issue them each a card with the disney points on them.....no problem, BUT.......they will only issue 2 cards & we're talkn bout 3 boys......thanks n advance.......any/all info greatly appreciated........I have about $100 n reward $ & not using them ne time soon, so this ne way 2 use them as gifts for their B-days and X-Mas wld b Great...Thanks again!!!

goofiecrazy
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
thats not true.. we were there last month and used a couple hundred dollars in disney money. i even got some from our local disney store months b4 we left.they come in ones fives and tens.

goofiecrazy
08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
if that was the case of no more disney money it woldve been posted on here..

It'sWDW4me
08-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Hmmm. Maybe there was a miscommunication between you and Disney Visa. Disney Visa can't issue your accumulated rewards points to you in Disney Dollars - they can only issue up to two rewards cards per account.

What you could do in order to get $DD for your nephews is: have a rewards card issued to you; take the rewards card to a Disney Store and buy Disney Dollars.

Now I haven't done this so if anyone knows of any problems with this scenario, please post.

kwhitt3202
08-27-2009, 09:29 AM
My son just had a birthday and he got Disney dollars we just went to the Disney Store and got them.

gerald72
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I just bought some Disney Dollars at Disney Store for WDW less than a month ago.

I also bought Disney Gift cards there for WDW. I don't recommend the cards, had issues that I described in another post.

It'sWDW4me
08-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Can you buy Disney Dollars using the Disney Rewards card? If so, this would be the fastest and easiest way to convert/split the rewards points up three ways.

Marymouse2003
08-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Thanks soooo much....let's c if I have this correct......I can total up the 3 boys X-Mas & B-Day $ and get that total trnfrded 2 a reward card n my name And then go 2 Disney Store n Baton Rouge & purchase their Disney Dollars with my card......that was my plan....so this will work, right?????
Then 4 B-days and X-mas I rap them up n huge boxes filled with paper and let them find the Disney Dollars........