PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest question...

nyobabe2
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm thinking of going to DQ but don't really know what it's all about. I have 2 girls 7 and 9. Is this something for them? Is it worth the price?

AmandaChan
08-27-2009, 02:01 AM
It's worth the price if they really like games. We have been ONLY because it was a part of the water park and more option, so that made it easier for us to give it a try. I don't think I would pay to go separately though. Then again I don't have children yet.

BraddyB
08-27-2009, 07:03 AM
If you have the water park and more package its worth a trip. To pay out of pocket, I dont think its worth it. The bumper cars that can shoot rubber balls are a blast !!!!! It also has alot of old video games you dont see anymore.

Tigger&Stitch
08-27-2009, 07:15 AM
If you have the water park and more package its worth a trip. To pay out of pocket, I dont think its worth it. The bumper cars that can shoot rubber balls are a blast !!!!! It also has alot of old video games you dont see anymore.

I agree. We've gone in the past because it was part of the water park and more option on our tickets. The first time we went a couple of years ago, we spent an entire day and had a blast. Last year, we noticed fewer games and stayed only a few hours. Our favourite game is the Pirates of the Caribbean one, and it is fun to play Frogger on an arcade machine.

Still...unless you have the add-on, I'd pass.

DisneyFr33k
08-27-2009, 02:04 PM
My DH and DS are video game junkies. We all (DH, DD & DS) went when my son was 7 (they were offering free water parks and more to our plan - GREAT deal). There were some things my son couldn't do because he was too small (short). So be careful there. They went back when he was 8 and paid. They had a good time, but found it wasn't worth the money to tolerate the huge crowds inside. We didn't go back this past trip. So it's been a "been there, done that" type of thing.

nyobabe2
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Well you all just saved me over a $100, thanks!

disneykid@hrt
08-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Totally not worth the money, IMHO. When we went it seemed somewhat run down... Maybe it was just me. And my DH is a huge Game Freak!!! We went the first night of our last trip, only because of the Water Park and More Option. We wont be returning.

Mousemates
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
I think its fun once. But the law of diminishing returns sets in quickly here. Our kids had a blast the first time (the virtual space mountain was great for everyone...my daughter had a great deal of fun in the area where you learned to draw disney characters...and my son enjoyed the vintage video games such as burgertime....but when we went the second time a year later...we ended up only staying half because we all felt just a little bored. So, I'd save DQ for a trip when both kids are in prime video ago---say 10-14...do it once, enjoy it, and spend your money elsewhere after that.