PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part X

Beach Club Babe
08-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Saturday, August 8th, 2009

The most dreaded day (next to leaving) of the trip.

We had a 9:45 ADR this morning at 1900 Park Fare this morning. We arrived a bit late for this due to the fact that we were stuck on the monorail for a while, while they put another monorail on line. This took quite a bit of time. Still we arrived and were seated quickly. We had another ditzy server again. In fact Rose was so annoyed she asked to talk to the manager. The problem was cleared up in no time after that. The characters, we were told would come out of one room and then we would be the third table or so. However, I guess they had a mind of their own and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason when they appeared. !st out was Mary Poppins who seemed to follow what we were told, then came Pooh, Tigger, Alice, and the Mad Hatter some came quickly and back to back with the others and some went around the entire room 1st. Our table was located quite near to the buffet, but for such a large table, it was situated awkwardly. Part of it was up against a wall and to one side it was practically on top of another smaller table. This made it a little difficult for about 3 of us to get up to get our food. As for the food it was delicious and fresh.

When we finished, Courtney headed off to DHS to get a birthday present for one of her roommates. The rest of us headed back to Pop. Rose and Theresa were going to watch Emily and Hallie for us, while Ron, Matt, and I took Courtney back to school. I made sure Rose had all the baby supplies she might possibly need and a bathing suit for Emily. Ashleigh was more or less on her own, but she did spend a while with her sisters in the pool along with Rose and Theresa. One would take turns sitting out with Hallie. Emily also had to spend some time playing in the fountains. Ashleigh eventually parted ways and spent some time in the Magic Kingdom, her favorite park. They all had dinner in the food court together.

As for us, we were on the road when Courtney returned and I must have dozed off, because I don't remember much of the drive and we seemed to be there in no time flat. Courtney checked in and then we were off to find her new dorm. Geez Louise! Dorm, more like a huge apartment, and practically a palace by dorm standards! It was a 3 br, 2 bath, full kitchen, and huge living room. She was the lucky one to get the big room with a HUGE was in closet and her own bathroom. The place also had 2 entrances just to tell you how big it was! we started to help her unpack a bit, then went to walmart for a few things she would never have been able to bring down in the car. Mainly, a desk and chair, and another comfortable chair. We came back and Ron went to work on assembling the desk. he didn't get too far before he needed Courtney's help. We had to make another run to Target this time. I had hoped to be back at Disney by a reasonable hour, but that was just not going to be. This was the first time I left Hallie for more than an hour, so I was getting a little antsy. 2 of Courtney's friends then showed up to visit so we talked for awhile since they are Disney people too. Finally, it was getting just too late, so we had to say our goodbyes. I was tearing up in the car, but I didn't let the guys know or they would have razzed me good. We got some Arby's for dinner as it was so late. Not at all what we've been used to all week.

Finally we made it back to Pop and Hallie survived just fine without me. I knew she would, but I was glad to be back with her. We all talked for a bit and Ron and Rose shared some beer we happened to pick up on the way back before turning in for the night.

vizsla
08-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

RedSoxFan
08-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Such a tough day dropping Courtney off at school. I have to drop Kyle off at Oswego (90 min away) on Sunday for his 2nd year. He might be close by; but it is still hard. My oldest is a senior at Syracuse which is an hour away. Sounds like the kids had fun while you were away.

yjgirl32
08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Heather,

It must never be easy dropping your child off at college. Thankfully, Courtney is loving her college life so!!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
glad she was able to enjoy disney with her family before she had to go back to school..im sure it was hard to leave her there..

faline
09-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Goodness! Separations all around! Hallie back at Disney! Courtney at school! What a bittersweet day!

What a great place Courtney has this year!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Just like that do-gooder Mary Poppins, always following the rules. She should be more like Tigger!

Sorry about the damper of returning to school, but I bet it was nice to get back to the resort that night!:thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Just like that do-gooder Mary Poppins, always following the rules. She should be more like Tigger!

Sorry about the damper of returning to school, but I bet it was nice to get back to the resort that night!:thumbsup:

OMG that is so funny you said that! The Mad Hatter was saying the same thing about her! he was going on and on, really very funny!

T-Belle
09-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the report!

KylesMom
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow, it seems like yesterday when you dropped Courtney off for her first year. It doesn't get any easier, huh? I hope you have a wonderful last day tomorrow!